Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Possible walking route in Beppu Onsen 2017/5/14 17:24
I would like to know from the people who know Beppu, if it is possible to walk from
塚原温泉 (Tsukahara Hot Spring) to Nabeyama Onsen (鍋山の湯) or へびん湯 (Hebi Onsen) over this mountain, somehow like shown in this screens:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dmc3dcp2hun7okr/Tsukahara%20Hot%20Spring.png...
area: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xwghyfkux0t83if/Beppu.png?dl=0

I intend to go to 塚原温泉 by taxi and would then like to walk my way back to Beppu catching those nice nature onsens on the way. On the map it doesnt look very far (only about 1km), but it seems there is also no marked way... However: maybe there exist some mountain footpath which is not seen on the maps (e.g. one for hunters or rangers that i could use)?

So is it possible to walk this way, and if yes, how long does it generally take? (I am a very experienced mountaineer with generally quite fast pace)
by Glimpigumpi  

Re: Possible walking route in Beppu Onsen 2017/5/15 21:33
There's no walking route from Tsukahara to Nabeyama and Hebinyu. Nabeyama hotspring is closed now.
It's recommended you ask a volunteer English guide in Beppu.
http://beppufriendlyguide.blogspot.jp/
by EO1375 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Possible walking route in Beppu Onsen 2017/5/15 22:59
thank you for your reply on my question!!! (I already had given up hope, if anyone would answer, just now i got two statements that it is not possible to walk there)... it is a little sad, it just looked like a nice walking route. seems i have to take two times taxi... :-)

About Nabeyamanoyu:
From which time is your information? I read some new articles from japanese people in the last weeks (so the people seem to have been there just recently), so it seems to be accessible again if i understood correctly? Also google ratings were just made recently. Or were those people just trespassing? i didnt find any official statement anywhere, but that is probably cause my japanese is too bad to read all beppu articles.

In any case: Thank you very much for your answer
by Glimpigumpi rate this post as useful

Re: Possible walking route in Beppu Onsen 2017/5/16 09:55
I'll check it out this weekend whether the Nabeyama hotspring is available or not.
Although officially Nabeyama has been closed since seven years ago, some hotspring lovers were secretly visiting there. But about two years ago, the entrance was barricaded completely. My understanding is that it's is still closed with barricade.

Re: Possible walking route in Beppu Onsen 2017/5/16 15:35
wow thank you very much and i hope this is not too much effort for you to go there... in any case i wish you a good weekend (in some or onsen or not)

Re: Possible walking route in Beppu Onsen 2017/5/21 18:26
I went to Nabeyama today.
In terms of the hidden baths, Hebinyu and Tsurunoyu are Ok to visit.
The entrance of Nabeyama is barricaded and I can't say more about this hotspring at this public site.

Re: Possible walking route in Beppu Onsen 2017/5/21 20:57
EO1375: Thank you so much for your efforts! I hope it was not too much work for you and hope you had a least some nice weekend walk!

Ok, i will then check out へびん湯 only... after all it looks quite nice too.

Thank you again!

Re: Possible walking route in Beppu Onsen 2017/5/22 01:05
PS: " I can't say more about this hotspring at this public site."
* if this has a special meaning please send me a private message :-)

Re: Possible walking route in Beppu Onsen 2017/5/24 21:45
I can' t send a private message because I'm not a member. Why don't you ask about it at the site that I've shown before?

reply to this thread