Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Toyota factory visit? 2005/4/10 11:45
How and where to make reservation please?
Thanks for your help.
Denny Tang
by Denny Tang  

... 2005/4/10 23:37
by Uji rate this post as useful

Transportation to Toyota 2005/5/14 15:11
I have a reservation for the Toyota Factory tour ( I think at 10 am) so it is important I get there on time and not miss the tour. From reading the Toyota website, departing from Nagoya station, the most convenient/quickest way to get there seems to be on the Meitetsu Nagoya line tranferring to the Mikawa line and then taking a taxi. I tried getting on the Meitetsu website but it is only in Japanese. Any idea of the fare from Nagoya to Tsuchihashi station? I found a great website that has pictures of the train stations on the Meitetsu lines. It is as follows:

http://hisaai.hp.infoseek.co.jp/Meitetsu/mi/Mil_s_eg.html

There is some reference to Fare figuring distance Type A on the Nagoya line and Type C on the Mikawa line but I have no idea what that means and how to combine the two. Basically I am interested in finding out what fare options are available (day pass, single trip, round trip and how convenient it is to purchase the ticket (at the machine or at the counter?)
by Fred rate this post as useful

Correct link 2005/5/14 15:16
Sorry, I just tried the link and it does not work.

This is the better link:

http://hisaai.hp.infoseek.co.jp/Meitetsu/

Another link 2005/5/14 15:22
If that link does not work well either, try this one:

http://hisaai.hp.infoseek.co.jp/Meitetsu/Hn_s_eg.html

... 2005/5/14 17:13
The one way fare from Nagoya Station to Tsuchihashi Station is 650 Yen by ordinary train and 1000 Yen by reserved seat on a limited express. I can't think of any discount tickets available.

Also note that I think the following access method is at least as convenient as the one mentioned by you:

Take the Tsurumai Subway Line from central Nagoya directly to Toyota-shi Station (50 minutes, 790 Yen, about every 4th train runs all the way to Toyota-shi Station) and transfer to a bus there.

The bus stops right in front of the Toyota headquarters and the Kaikan Hall, however, if you do not read Japanese, it is difficult to find the correct bus and bus stop (finding the bus stop is even difficult if you read Japanese). Anyway, the bus is bound for "Toyota Kinen Byoin" and you should get off at "Toyota Honsha-mae". It is about a 15 minute ride.

Alternatively you could ride a taxi from Toyota-shi Station. It is about equally far from the Kaikan as Tsuchihashi Station.

Nagoya Subway Day Pass 2005/5/15 00:44
Thanks Uji. The subway/taxi method is worth considering if I can use a day pass on the subway as the taxi fare is more expensive from Toyota Shi station than from Tsutihashi station and it supposedly takes 20 minutes longer. Anyway, with the subway option, I am a little confused about the connections. I know I have to change to the Tsurumai line at Fushimi station, but do I need to change to the Toyota line at Akaike station or does the Tsurumai line continue into the Toyota line? Also, I read the subway day pass is 740 yen, is there a surcharge of 50 yen somewhere or is that the one way fare? I may take the bus on the way back as I will have more time to spare then. I imagine the Toyota Shi station is a major stopping point so I won't have trouble finding the destination but is it diffuclt to find the number 4 bus stop at Toyota Kaikan going in the right direction? I may have to take a bus as I don't expect there will be taxis waiting outside as opposed to the Toyota Shi station.

Every 4th train 2005/5/15 00:50
Regards to the connections, I read your last post more carefully. Every 4th train goes to the Toyota Shi station. I guess I have to be careful and observe the destination of each train.

... 2005/5/15 11:08
The subway/taxi method is worth considering if I can use a day pass on the subway

The subway pass is valid only until Akaike Station. You will have to pay a supplement of 500 Yen for the Meitetsu Toyota Line portion of the journey.

as the taxi fare is more expensive from Toyota Shi station than from Tsutihashi station

Yes, Toyota-shi is a little bit farther away than Tsuchihashi Station. The bus takes 15 minutes for the trip, so you can assume that the taxi will require between 10 and 15 minutes. My guess is that the taxi fare will be about 1500 to 2000 Yen. The bus fare is 290 Yen.

If you want to be at the Toyota Kaikan by 10am, I recommend the following itinerary (assuming you go on a weekday):

8:29 depart Fushimi Station by Tsurumai Subway Line
9:16 arrive at Toyota-shi Station

19 minutes to find the correct bus stop (you could take one subway later, but then you would have only 7 minutes to find the bus stop, which may or may not be enough time to find your bus).

9:35 depart by bus bound for Toyota Kinen Byoin
9:51 arrive in front of the Toyota Kaikan

There are also bus departures at 9:05 and 10:05 (every 30 minutes).

You can look up the train schedules by yourself here:
http://www.jorudan.co.jp/english/norikae/

I imagine the Toyota Shi station is a major stopping point so I won't have trouble finding the destination but is it diffuclt to find the number 4 bus stop at Toyota Kaikan going in the right direction?

Yes, I had troubles finding the bus stop. If you leave Toyota-shi Station through the west exit, you will get onto a spacious, elevated pedestrian plaza. The bus stops are on the street level below the elevated plaza. Here is a map (your train will approach Toyotashi Station from the north):
http://trainbus.meitetsu.co.jp/bus/noriba_toyota.html

As you know, your bus leaves from bus stop #4. I think the signs at the bus stop and on the buses are in Japanese only, so if you don't read Japanese, you might want to make sure with the bus driver or other passengers.

To/From Toyota Kaikan 2005/5/15 12:29
Thanks Uji. I think I will stick to my original plan to take the Meitetsu trains and taxi to Toyota, and maybe the bus/subway back. 500 Yen supplement on the Meitetsu Toyota line seems rather steep to justify a day pass on the subway, when the one-way fare to/from Nagoya is 790 yen on the subway/Meitetsu train. I know you said the bus from Toyota Shi station is hard to find, but since I will only be taking it from Toyota Kaikan, is it hard to find that bus stop at Toyota Kaikan going in the right direction to Toyota Shi?

... 2005/5/15 12:34
It is easy to find the bus stop in front of the Toyota Kaikan. It is a short walk on the opposite side of the street from the Kaikan and Tokyota Headquarters. The bus stop is just opposite of the headquarter building.

Departures are every 30 minutes. Ask the kaikan stuff for the next departure and spend the eventual waiting time in the kaikan rather than at the bus stop.

The staff speaks good English.

Thanks! 2005/5/15 15:14
Uji, thanks again very much for all your help. Your assistance has made it easier for me to plan my upcoming trip so I can visit all the places on my list.

Visit Toyota Manufacturer/production 2007/10/24 19:32
hi, i am Goh fr, Malaysia1 i already visit ur Toyota Mega Web in this month. so, i interesting to known about Toyota -manufacturer.hopefully 1 can visit next year. TQ
by Jacklyn Goh rate this post as useful

Toyota plant tour 2007/10/24 20:48
Hi jacklyn,
I am visiting the plant next month,and has just made a reservation with:

http://www.japanican.com/tours/FToursKensakuShosai.aspx?Tour...
by liem rate this post as useful

reply to this thread