Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Babysitting part time job -- visa? 2017/5/24 02:18
I'm a university student in Japan and I heard that student visa holders need to apply for permission before starting part-time jobs. I was wondering if this still applied to jobs like babysitting -- can I do this without submitting the application for to the immigration center, or does this still fall under the "part-time job" category?
by PineapplePizza (guest)  

Re: Babysitting part time job -- visa? 2017/5/24 09:47
You need to obtain permission before engaging in any paid activity.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Babysitting part time job -- visa? 2017/5/24 10:16
can I do this without submitting the application for to the immigration center
It is ILLEGAL, you will be arrested if your visa is "student" and you have no しかくがいかつどうきょか.

Baby sitting job itself is ok, student visa holders with しかくがいかつどうきょか cannot engage such as bar job.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Babysitting part time job -- visa? 2017/5/24 11:43
Fortunately, you can get the permission really, really easily, and it will probably only take 30 minutes if you get to immigration early in the morning.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

Re: Babysitting part time job -- visa? 2017/5/24 12:50
If you would like to engage in part time work, you need to obtain permission from the immigration in advance. You may work up to 28 hours a week during school period. You can work up to 8 hours per day when school is not in session.
by justmyday (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Babysitting part time job -- visa? 2017/5/24 12:52
As the above posters have said, permission to do part time work is very easy to get, just go to immigration and fill out the application. Then it will be no problem.
by Gigi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Babysitting part time job -- visa? 2017/5/24 13:23
Not sure why everybody here insists on using the term "part-time job", which is what probably caused OP's confusion in the first place.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Babysitting part time job -- visa? 2017/5/24 13:44
and here we go again. Just explain better if you know better than putting a comment which doesn't have the content.
by justmyday (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Babysitting part time job -- visa? 2017/5/24 14:03
Not sure why everybody here insists on using the term "part-time job", which is what probably caused OP's confusion in the first place.

Because the guy asked the question is a student, who will be allowed to engage part time job up to 28hours per week after getting a permission, I think?
by ...... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread