Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to find students? 2017/5/30 15:52
I am working in Tokyo for a few months now and I have spare time on weekends so I have this thought of wanting to give English tuition on a 1 on 1 basis on weekends.But my question is how and where can I find students? I read some articles on the Internet and some stated tokyo craigslist. Is there any way I find students? Thank you.
by Black Joker  

Re: How to find students? 2017/5/31 10:07
Put a notice on your nearest International Supermarket noticeboard, with your phone number attached in tear off strips. Worked very well for my daughter. You can meet up in a nearby coffee bar. It's generally conversational English that the students want in this situation.
by LoveJapan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to find students? 2017/5/31 10:42
I have used this one in the past. Works well.

http://www.findstudents.net/
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

Re: How to find students? 2017/5/31 14:15
Please ask your company if they allow you to have second job, since you want to receive money as compensation. There are some rules about having a second job.

Of course you can do cash payment and that you employer doesnt know. May be it would not be a problem, but it can cause some issues if they find out including tax company.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: How to find students? 2017/5/31 15:37
Does your residency status allow this? (Spouse, PR, WH, or Student/Dependent with "work permit", yes. "Work visa", no.)
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: How to find students? 2017/5/31 16:10
you dont need to ask your company ...only if you will be working under another company or documented job...
by chike20 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to find students? 2017/5/31 17:20
private lesson is a job of self-employers.
if your residential status category meets self-employer job, it is OK.
if not, need a permission by immigration.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to find students? 2017/5/31 17:58
I'm holding a legal working visa. So am I able to give tuition (private)?
by Black Joker rate this post as useful

Re: How to find students? 2017/5/31 18:30
Very probably not; what's your status exactly?
by Firas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread