Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can a teacher in japan have tattoos? 2017/5/31 20:54
I would like to one day teach languages in japan and meanwhile i am thinking of getting my first tattoo but seeing as tattoos are still a stigma in that country, would i have problems being hired / working there if i had tattoos? (the places i want to get tattooed are not usually visible - shoulderblade and thigh so i thought it should be fine but i want to be sure ) . if someone could give me some input on this i would appreciate it, thank you. :)
by Mari (guest)  

Re: Can a teacher in japan have tattoos? 2017/6/1 11:35
If they're covered, yes. I know plenty of teachers with tattoos and their schools have no idea. I also know one teacher who was not recontracted specifically because someone accidentally saw her tattoo and complained about it, so there is a possibility of problems, but if no one knows about them they're not an issue. If you're in a small town you'll have to be careful even when off-duty (though people are generally more accepting of tattoos on foreigners than on Japanese people).
by Vita (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can a teacher in japan have tattoos? 2017/6/1 20:44
"though people are generally more accepting of tattoos on foreigners"
it is not accepting.
they ignore you as same as Japanese tattoo's persons.
"ignoring" means "behaving as no existing of that person", not "behaving as no existing of tattoos".

I think smoking, tattoo, and so on, are highly correlated to their intelligence level in Japan.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread