Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Study in Japanese high school as a foreigner 2017/6/6 07:26
Hi Guy home you all are doing well (^-^) so well I want to study in a high school in without exchange because I want to continue my studies in university soooo is it possible to study in a local high school or international one in the worest case ?
Am keeping in mind the level of japneese and living expences Three but i am ont worry (i already have a N2 and i think i am not that far from N1 also i havé à Nice budget of 30k $ i Will also work if needed)
Ah befor i Forget i REALLY want to do this because the BAC in algeria isn't well reconized when in japan it is Nice to graduate from high school (in my opinion it is better there) i am waiting for your respond and thank you for potential answers. (^-^)
by Nalode (guest)  

Re: Study in Japanese high school as a foreigner 2017/6/6 10:32
some information about schools who accepts foreigners in Tokyo

https://savvytokyo.com/10-japanese-high-schools-accept-foreign-students/

Every school has its own application requirements.

You said you can speak N2 almost N1 still I wonder if this is enough. I have passed N1 and my advice is to get that level if you really want to join Japanese high school.

by justmyday (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Study in Japanese high school as a foreigner 2017/6/6 10:49
Hey thanks for the answer ^-^ also i was wondering if my familly have to live in Japan in order to study in high school ^-^ still thanks for the link.
by Nalode (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Study in Japanese high school as a foreigner 2017/6/6 13:15
Any resident in Japan 15 years old or older, regardless of his/her nationality, can enroll in Japanese high school as long as he/she passes the entrance examination test and can have his/her tuition paid, and as long as he/she hasn't already graduated another high school in Japan.

Any resident in Japan, regardless of age, needs a guarantor (hoshounin). This guarantor does not have to be a family member, but must be a responsible adult (to make it short). It is also common for those 18 years old or older to live alone.

I wonder if I have answered your question. Also, you can attract better answers by posting your questions in plain textbook English. Not all members of the forum are foreign teenagers.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Study in Japanese high school as a foreigner 2017/6/6 14:50
easy overview

You require the following qualifications in order to consider entrance to a Japanese university (graduate school),junior college, and vocational school.
‡@ In your country, you must complete school education more than 12 years so that a international student enters the Japanese university (Graduate school), junior college and vocational school.i The graduate school completes school education more than 16 yearsjIn addition, people more than 18 years old to have the University Entrance Qualification Examination passer or the International Baccalaureate qualification of each country which is equivalent to a Japanese examination of university entrance requirements examination.
¦ If you only need 10 or 11 years to finish education equivalent to the Japanese senior high school, you will have to be age of 18 and finish a preparatory course for entering Japanese universities at a Japanese language institution with a gpreparatory course for university entranceh(see page.20) authorized by the Ministry of Education.
‡AkUniversity (Graduate School) and Community CollegelIn most cases you are required to take Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students and in some cases might need to pass the test for first grade of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test.
@kVocational SchoollPeople with any of the conditions below.
E Anyone who has attended a Japanese Language Institution, authorized by the Association for the Promotion of Japanese Language Education, for more than 6 months.
EA holder of 2nd grade Japanese Language Proficiency Test or higher.
E Anyone who has attended one of the following Japanese schools (elementary, junior high school, senior high school) for more than a year.
E Anyone who achieved more than 200 points (total for comprehension, listening and dictation of the Japanese language) on Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students.
by justmyday (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Study in Japanese high school as a foreigner 2017/6/6 22:47
One thing to note is that you need to be a resident in Japan. Which means that you have a legal permission to live here. Generally, most young people would derive their residency status by being a dependent of their parent, who is working here.

If you don't have a parent working in Japan, you probably could not get a residency status. Therefore, you would not be eligible to go to school in Japan.

However, at university level, it would be possible. There are degree programs available of course in Japanese, but also increasingly available in English.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

Re: Study in Japanese high school as a foreigner 2017/6/6 23:30
There are some good answer above, along with some good threads on the same topic which can be found through searching.

As a previous teacher who lived in Japan, I cannot strongly enough suggest trying an exchange program before you decide to even move over to Japan for your entire education.

If you intend on attending an International School, your 30K will not cover the tuition fees in many circumstances. I cannot make any comments on prices for local and private Japanese schools - others here know much more than I do

As I have dealt with hundreds of international students in Japan, I found that the elementary Japanese school system was great for international kids to learn the language. The same was not the same for Junior High and Senior High which has a heavy emphasis on kanji which requires years and years to learn and understand.

Please remember that this is my personal opinion and everyone is free to listen or ignore it as they see fit....
by mfedley rate this post as useful

reply to this thread