Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Changing jobs in Japan 2017/6/8 01:42
Hi, I would like to seek advice on an issue about changing jobs and industry.

Currently I have 2 job offers from companies A and B. A offered an ALT job and the contract ends right before my other job as an engineer for B begins. In this case, would there be any problems when company B applies for a certificate of eligibility for me?

What I can gather from reading forums and immigration website is that I will only need to apply for a change of visa status and to inform immigration of my change of employer. Not sure if it's important but my contract with A is rather short, about 8 months, so I doubt the visa length would be long.

Thank you for any help and advice rendered.
by Johan (guest)  

Re: Changing jobs in Japan 2017/6/8 10:41
You need to get your CoE from the company where you will work first (company A), as immigration will not issue a CoE for a job that starts 8 months later.

Then when you're in Japan you apply for change of status or extension of period of stay as appropriate depending on your situation. No CoE needed for that.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Changing jobs in Japan 2017/6/8 22:08
Thank you for your reply!
by Johan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Changing jobs in Japan 2017/6/9 11:27
I was working on Skilled worker(IT engineer)visa for 7 years. Japan goverment give you work visa. So You can change the company. Please inform immigration when you change the employer within 14days.
Suppose you get 5 years visa from A company, you work for only 1 year in A company and change job after 1 year, there is no problem.
by guest 44 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Changing jobs in Japan 2017/6/9 17:18
Just note that since the change is from an English teaching position to an engineer, it "might" require a change in resident status (as against extending the existing status or simply reporting the change in employer), in which case the immigration authorities might require a bit of time until they complete processing the change.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread