Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shohei Otani - current status? 2017/6/18 06:41
Can anyone tell me the current status of baseball star Shohei Otani of the Sapporo Nippon Ham Fighters? I know he was out with the flu earlier this year and also was out due to an injury. I have tickets to a game in Sapporo in July and I am hoping he is playing then. I have looked for recent news of him online but everything I have found (in English, I do not speak Japanese) is from April or earlier. Can anyone provide an update on his status or a pointer to an English language website with recent news of him? Thank you!
by lowflyer (guest)  

Re: Shohei Otani - current status? 2017/6/18 11:14
Use Google translate.
https://goo.gl/3egsWG
by BEB (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shohei Otani - current status? 2017/6/18 11:26
As of 6/17, Japanese media reported that his rehab is nearing its end. One news organization reported that his return to the game is "countdown-able", another estimated his return around early-July.
by Yakyuu010 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shohei Otani - current status? 2017/6/18 11:44
Thank you - I will "keep my fingers crossed" and hope for quick recovery. I have tickets for the game in Sapporo on Saturday July 8...I think that would be a perfect time for him to return!!! :)
by lowflyer (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shohei Otani - current status? 2017/6/21 00:15
He got back training with the first team today!
by guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shohei Otani - current status? 2017/6/24 15:08
Thank you for the update! I will be going to a game in Sapporo in exactly two weeks from today. I hope he will be playing then - very exciting news!!!
by lowflyer (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shohei Otani - current status? 2017/7/4 02:50
He played yesterday! He's officially back!!
by guest (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread