Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

how many pages on how you met? (Spouse Visa) 2017/6/19 23:55
Dear All,

When you applied for CoE / Spouse Visa, there is an important question on the questionnaire about how you met your spouse. I wonder how many pages did you write to answer that?

Our situation is a long-distance relationship since July 2016 and he registered our marriage in the city hall on behalf of me last month. We only met each other in person for 2-3 days every 2 months since Oct 2016, except in April this year we met for 3 times while I stayed in Japan for 17 days. Apart from that, we talked daily by a video chat in facebook.
I have heard such a situation would make immigration bureau of Japan suspect if our marriage is genuine or not. And my Japanese husband wrote 3 and a half pages on our 6 dates. He said he had already included all details he could think of. Is it an answer too short to prove our marriage is real?

After our marriage registration last month, we met in Singapore for 2 days this month but my husband said the trip was after we got married so we couldn't include it as part of the answer. Is it true?

Any sharing of related experience would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.
by Utopia25  

Re: how many pages on how you met? (Spouse Visa) 2017/6/20 10:32
all you need is the details of how you met .. pages dont really matter. if your story can go up to 1 page is ok , 2,3,4,5,6,7,20 pages will never give any credit .
the most important thing is the chemistry, the sacrifice you make . of which you have the stamp of visiting him always and family pictures , wedding picture.
by chike20 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: how many pages on how you met? (Spouse Visa) 2017/6/21 21:39
Don't think you have a lot to write down. To fast marriage can give questions from immigration about if it is real or not. Many fake marriages in Japan. You need to provide information that you are serious
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: how many pages on how you met? (Spouse Visa) 2017/6/22 17:49
Thank you both for your kind replies!

And does it mean perhaps a text description of 5 pages may do if it is supported by like 40 photos showing our serious relationship ( our pics with my mother in Hong Kong, pics showing our flight to Okinawa from Hong Kong (me) / Miyazaki (him) for an on-site visit to a chapel for our ceremony 8 months in advance, dating pics, etc ) plus some screen captures of our Facebook video chat log (we have had video calls almost everyday for nearly 1 year) ?

I look forward to anyone who would kindly give me some advice, thanks a million!
by Utopia25 rate this post as useful

Re: how many pages on how you met? (Spouse Visa) 2017/6/22 20:03
Let me share with you my experience. I was on engineer visa first time then I changed to spouse.
I was staying away from my family for 2 years due to job and other situation. They reduce visa to 1 year. But I have 3 years visa now. If you are not living alone, they will give you 1 years visa and keep giving you 1 years visa till 5years. After 5 years, they will check situation and then 3 years visa will be issued.
If you dont have same address and you are living apart, they will give 1 year visa only.
Immigration treat 80% marriage visa as fake.
by Guest11 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: how many pages on how you met? (Spouse Visa) 2017/6/24 01:13
hi Guest11,

Thanks for reply. Actually I knew about and don't mind a 1-year visa as long as it's approved during my temporary stay period in Japan as a tourist lol.

Re: how many pages on how you met? (Spouse Visa) 2017/6/24 09:53
May you should talk again with immigration because coe has to be issued in your home country. It is not the favorite way of applying and being in Japan. Often the immigration require you to go back once
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: how many pages on how you met? (Spouse Visa) 2017/6/25 23:50
Re: justmyday

Thanks but I must go to Japan in Aug and stay until late Oct because we scheduled our wedding ceremony in Oct already..

Re: how many pages on how you met? (Spouse Visa) 2017/6/25 23:56
May you should talk again with immigration because coe has to be issued in your home country.

No. CoEs are issued by the Immigration Bureau in Japan, and forwarded to you, typically by your sponsor, if you are not in Japan to pick them up.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: how many pages on how you met? (Spouse Visa) 2017/6/26 10:16
if you are coming to japan around august is better to prepare all your documents and apply directly inside japan. within 3 months you can get your 1year visa.

by chike20 rate this post as useful

Re: how many pages on how you met? (Spouse Visa) 2017/6/26 17:36
if you know a history of Japan after WW2 and immigration has been fighting against what kind of immigrants, you will know the reasons why they request such documents.
I believe that they judge an individual cases by their statistics accumulated in years. if your application does not attract their interest, that will be processed.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: how many pages on how you met? (Spouse Visa) 2017/6/27 00:41
Dear chike20,

yes that's what I am going to do but I still have to fill in the questionnaires..

by the way,
I am glad that there are users replying to my thread but it seems my questions are yet to be addressed, e.g.

1. After our marriage registration last month, we met in Singapore for 2 days this month but my husband said the trip was after we got married so we couldn't include it as part of the answer. Is it true?

2. How about a text description of 5 pages supported by like 40 photos showing our serious relationship ( our pics with my mother in Hong Kong, pics showing our flight to Okinawa from Hong Kong (me) / Miyazaki (him) for an on-site visit to a chapel for our ceremony 8 months in advance, dating pics, etc ) plus some screen captures of our Facebook video chat log (we have had video calls almost everyday for nearly 1 year) ? Will it help?

Re: how many pages on how you met? (Spouse Visa) 2017/6/27 09:23
1. You can include it if you want. No problem.

2. Again you can include whatever you think is relevant to support your marriage.

FYI, I also married to Japanese through LDR, 3 years, wife visit me 2 and I visit her 1.
If I remember correctly, we only wrote maybe 1-2 page in bullet summarise with about 5 pics attached.
Registered and had ceremony in Japan which then I went back while waiting for COE. Was not aware of change of status, so went the COE route. Got mine within 3 months.

So all in all, provide what is required and relevant. Final decision is up to the imm-moj.

Good luck.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: how many pages on how you met? (Spouse Visa) 2017/6/28 19:53
In my own case, I have been having a long distance relationship with my partner for over 10 years now and we only get to see each other for a few days each year.

Next year though I am moving back to Japan and we'll finally marry...
by Love finds a way (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: how many pages on how you met? (Spouse Visa) 2017/7/3 22:28
Thank you both very much for your information!

reply to this thread