Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Waiting for COE now over 2 months 2017/6/21 15:36
Received 2 visas & COEs before:
2012- Saitama
2015- Osaka
Zero hassle.

Applied: 4/10

They sent me a letter 5/1 saying that me or someone like me may have a criminal record so please submit court documents stating that I am innocent. First time to ever receive this. I have no criminal record but a common name from USA.

5/10- submitted document stating no criminal record.

6/21- Still waiting. They are giving me zero update, information, etc.

The company sponsoring me is RECRUIT one of the biggest & most respected companies in Japan.

Anyone experiencing long wait times recently for COE? Why the sudden longer wait? Prior COEs took 3 weeks.

Would it serve me any good to go down to immigration ?
by HollywoodHogwood  

Re: Waiting for COE now over 2 months 2017/6/21 16:56
You're still within a completely normal period of time. There is nothing to answer yet.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

Re: Waiting for COE now over 2 months 2017/6/21 18:38
Please see earlier posts.
Also if you go to the immigration website it is mentioned that it can take UP TO 3 months. This means it can take longer or shorter depending on the situation.

About the criminal record it is their right to ask. Not one application for coe is the same.

If you doubt you can contact immigration after 3 months. Than you can complain and ask.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Waiting for COE now over 2 months 2017/6/22 18:09
Hey there,

Please don't worry, I know how hard it is waiting... I received mine on Friday after a 10.5 week wait.. just be patient...3 months is the standard waiting time at the moment.

Wishing you all the best! :)
by Olivia (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Waiting for COE now over 2 months 2017/6/22 22:26
Olivia thank you so much
by HollywoodHogwood rate this post as useful

Re: Waiting for COE now over 2 months 2017/6/25 18:54
Hey ,Hello

Was looking for Coe related threads and it lead me here. I am from India and my sponsor company applied for the coe on may 24th to Nagoya Immigration office. and they said that aprrox waiting time is 1 1/2 to 3 months. I heard that work related coe usually takes 4 to 5 weeks. But as i told , i can do nothing but wait until for maybe ?? 2 months..

HollywoodHogwood:

You got any update on your coe?
by Omisuke (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Waiting for COE now over 2 months 2017/7/2 02:38
I am still waiting myself too.

Re: Waiting for COE now over 2 months 2017/7/6 10:01
Update: I received my COE approval and it was mailed to me yesterday. 7/5. So about 3 months in total. I am American.

Re: Waiting for COE now over 2 months 2017/7/6 10:33
Good to hear it. Thanks for the update.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

Re: Waiting for COE now over 2 months 2017/7/6 17:29
Good to hear it. Congrats
Thanks for the update!

By the way which immigration office did you apply ? Mine is in Nagoya and waiting to get any update.
by omisuke (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Waiting for COE now over 2 months 2017/7/6 18:05
Congratulations, I know the wait is horrific! Hope to see you in Tokyo.. I move in September! Can't wait :)
by Olivia (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Waiting for COE now over 2 months 2017/7/7 23:58
I applied to TOKYO office. Now it's busy. Nagoya is a busy city too.

Of course Olivia ! How can I contact you outside of here? We can get some drinks I owe you one for all your help!

Re: Waiting for COE now over 2 months 2017/7/14 19:41
Update :

I got my coe today! It took 7 weeks and 3 days in total.
by Omisuke (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread