Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Attending High School in Japan 2017/6/24 14:39
Can someone give me some schools in Tokyo (or near Tokyo) that accept returnees who weren't sent abroad due to parents work.

I am moving back to Japan but my parents weren't sent abroad due to work and we are returning on our own accord.

Thank you to anyone who replies
by naoki (guest)  

Re: Attending High School in Japan 2017/6/24 16:49
I can't think of a school in Japan that accept returnees but only those went abroad due to parents' work. What kind of a problem are you having? And are you looking for a ‹A‘Žq—˜g ? Did your parents say something about having disadvantages of some kind? Could you be a little bit more specific?
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Attending High School in Japan 2017/6/24 18:18
Compulsory education in Japan is only 9 years, so highschool education is optional. Read below site for issues related to returning to Japan to attend highschool, translate as required.
http://www.ena-kikoku.com/kikokusei/%E5%B8%B0%E5%9B%BD%E5%AD%90%E5%A5%...
by Kamiya (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Attending High School in Japan 2017/6/24 23:43
Are you looking for a Japanese high school?
If not there's always international schools? like the American School In Japan?
Google "international schools in Tokyo".
by guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Attending High School in Japan 2017/6/25 00:33
I just realized that I wrote something that doesn't make sense. What I meant to say was that I can't think of a high school in Japan that doesn't accept returnees just because the returnee's parents weren't abroad for work. Returnees are returnees regardless of their parents' situation. Anyway, please be specific.

Re: Attending High School in Japan 2017/6/25 04:04
(in response to someone asking to be more specific)

For the schools that accept returnees (in a sense that they take a separate entrance exam) most of the ones I've seen require documentation from parents company that they were sent abroad from that company. But my parents were not.

It's a problem for me since I will be moving back but my knowledge in science and math terms in Japanese aren't good. So it'd be a great help to be able to take a special exam.
by naoki (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Attending High School in Japan 2017/6/25 07:57
International Christian University High School
http://www.icu-h.ed.jp/inquiry/pdf/icuhs_school_profile_2016.pdf
http://www.icu-h.ed.jp/index.html

and

Kanto International Senior High School
http://www.kantokokusai.ac.jp/english/greeting/

may accept you. Ask at the school individually on your case.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Attending High School in Japan 2017/6/25 07:58
It seems that you don't have a guardian (or a guarantor) in Japan.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Attending High School in Japan 2017/6/25 08:31
Ken- the poster is Japanese, he wouldn't need a guarantor. His guardians are his parents.

Naoki- You might have better luck contacting schools you're interested in explaining the situation. They may just want the documentation as something like proof that you were abroad the time you said, in which case you might be able to send something else instead. In the majority of cases returnees are overseas because of their parent's work, so they may just not have thought about someone in your situation.
by Vita (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Attending High School in Japan 2017/6/25 09:30
fixing school problems for their children is the parents' work. why no opinion (or no efforts) by them ?
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Attending High School in Japan 2017/6/25 15:29
I just want to thank the OP for being more specific. As others have already written, you should contact the school directly, including the schools that ask for companies' documentation. There have always been hundreds of children being forced to live abroad by parents who are not company employees, so I doubt that they have less opportunities than those of company employees.

By the way, I'm sure you're talking about senior high school and not junior high school, and if so, it is not the parents' duty to look after that. The student-to-be should be mature and independent enough to do his own research and to get back to the parents/guardian if he needs any help. (But in truth, parents do watch over ;))

reply to this thread