Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

CESR/COE for Student Visa 2017/6/29 15:11
Hi!
I recently was accepted to a national university in Japan for a 4 year bachelor's degree program. I have enrolled and have already submitted my application for my CESR (Certificate of Eligibility for Status of Residence). The university's website states that it will take 1-2 months to receive my CESR, other sources say it may take up to three months. I found only one anecdote from someone else who was accepted into a Japanaese university who said that it only took 4 weeks total to receive their CESR and student visa.

I was wondering if anyone here has experience applying for/receiving a CESR or has any anecdotal information on about how long the whole process takes. I have heard that the time to receive a COE for a work visa can vary depending on what country you're from/the company sponsoring you/etc--does this hold true for universities as well?

(I'm simply curious--I have more than enough time to obtain my visa before going to Japan. I just hate waiting......)
by 1312131  

Re: CESR/COE for Student Visa 2017/6/29 15:32
"How poor are they that have not patience!"
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: CESR/COE for Student Visa 2017/6/29 19:44
For a national university, I would expect about 6 weeks to get your CoE. A few days to get your visa.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

Re: CESR/COE for Student Visa 2017/6/30 19:49
I'm in the same boat. According to past students at the University and other sources, it usually takes around 6-8 weeks, so I guess that's our timeline on how things usually ago.

Let me know if you stumble upon any more information.
by alkalinemoe rate this post as useful

reply to this thread