Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ritsumeikan ISSE English course, Your input? 2017/7/5 03:23
"The Information Systems Science and Engineering program at Ritsumeikan University is an English-medium course"
I plan to enrol in 2019 if all goes well and I get accepted. I just started my A2 (A-Levels) so I got some time till then.

To begin with, I can't seem to find any alternative university with an English computer science course, the reason I am looking for alternatives is so that I can apply at multiple places so that I am not left depressed with the only university I properly looked into haha.

I am little worried about being accepted as I am not a top ranking student at all and my grades coming out for AS around August would probably be "B" and hopefully get a single "A" at least (These will get combined with my A2 grades as well) and gives me some hope on that 20 percent scholarship or any other I can get myself accepted in. As I will need to do a PTJ and study at the same time to cover at least the living expensive which is ironically coming quite close to the monthly tuition of amount of around 150,000 yen so my PTJ will only cover one of them

I have been thinking about studying in Japan for years now, initially, I wasn't so sure until in the past 2 years where I decided I actually do want to study there. So I took that opportunity to start learning Japanese. I can read hiragana, katakana and barely few Kanji, I am taking my free time now and then to learn new vocabulary when I have the opportunity. (My grammar is pretty much just slightly more than zero) my plan is to just do a minor in Japanese while I study.

Apart from the question above (Alternative uni), I wonder how is this university ranked locally and what are prospects of getting a job there as well after getting my bachelor's there

TL;DR question list and some more questions not mentioned above

What are alternative universities with an English computer science course?
What are my chances of getting accepted?
How would rate/review this university? (Everything I looked up seems positive so far)
An important question in my mind is working at max 28 hrs a week and studying at the same time, any tips on making this work or things I should know?
As a foreigner with extremely bad Japanese for the first year at least, will it be easy to find a PTJ?
by Sharif99  

Re: Ritsumeikan ISSE English course, Your input? 2017/7/7 20:28
I meant to write 116,000 Yen, there was typo on my part
by Sharif99 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread