Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Bus 2-day pass Aomori to Lake Towada 2017/7/11 00:06
Apologies if this question was posted before. I couldn't find my prior post.

We are planning to travel between Lake Towada and Aomori in mid-Oct 2017. According to this website of JR Bus Tohoku (http://www.jrbustohoku.co.jp/route/detail/?PID=1&RID=1), there should have a 2-day pass available for use between Aomori/Hachinohe and Lake Towada in 2017. As I can only partially understand the Japanese info using Google Translate, which sometimes can be ambiguous and misleading, I have the following questions:
1) Is the 2-day bus pass explicitly excluded for use in Oct 2017?
2) Is there another bus ticket (written in green and red) between Aomori and Lake Towada for JPY1180? Is this also a pass (ie. I can get on and off buses several times during the day)?

Thank you very much for your help
Regards,
Elas
by elas  

Re: JR Bus 2-day pass Aomori to Lake Towada 2017/7/11 13:12
1) Is the 2-day bus pass explicitly excluded for use in Oct 2017?

You can buy and use the bus pass in October 2017. They say they stopped selling the pass for the autumn foliage season for last year but this year they decided to sell it even in the crowded October.

2) Is there another bus ticket (written in green and red) between Aomori and Lake Towada for JPY1180? Is this also a pass (ie. I can get on and off buses several times during the day)?

No. They just said you will save 1180 yen when you use this bus from Aomori to Towadako and back, which will be normally cost 6180 yen.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: JR Bus 2-day pass Aomori to Lake Towada 2017/7/11 18:16
Sorry for piggybacking on the thread, but does anyone know where I can buy this ticket at JR Hachinohe? Last time I was there I noticed there was a ticket vending machine at Towada Bus Station. However I didn't get a chance to look at Hachinohe, I just got on the bus and paid in cash because I was in a rush. Thanks!
by Shawn (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Bus 2-day pass Aomori to Lake Towada 2017/7/11 18:30
Where to buy:
Aomori station JR bus ticket office
Ticket vending machine at Towadako (Yasumiya)
NesDays KIOSK outside of the ticket gate of JR Hachinohe station
Convenience stores all around Japan, including Lawson, Ministop, Familymart, CircleKSunks and Seveneleven. Item ID 0105723

Re: JR Bus 2-day pass Aomori to Lake Towada 2017/7/16 19:14
frog1954, thank you very much for replying to my question. I didn't check the forum until now because I didn't think it would be answered so quickly. You answer really made my day.

I was so upset when other travellers said that they could not use the 2-day bus pass in Oct in past years. So glad that the JR Bus changed the policy this year and will allow us to use the pass in Oct as I intend to fully use the bus pass in the two days I will be staying in Lake Towada. :-)

A similar question to Shawn, has JR Bus also allowed the Hachinohe - Lake Towada 2-day bus pass to be used in Oct 2017 as well ? I realized that I only asked for Aomori to Lake Towada. Just wanted to be exactly sure as I will start from Hachinohe on the second day of my arrival in Japan. Can't afford to have a last minute change from Hachinohe to Aomori. Thank you very much and sorry for bothering you again.

Cheers,
Elas
by elas rate this post as useful

Re: JR Bus 2-day pass Aomori to Lake Towada 2017/7/16 20:13
has JR Bus also allowed the Hachinohe - Lake Towada 2-day bus pass to be used in Oct 2017 as well ?

No worry.

The pass you mentioned is 青森・八戸・十和田湖フリーきっぷ (Aomori Hachinohe Towadako Free Ticket). This ticket allow you to get from Aomori to Towadako and Hachinohe to Towadako (and back, of course0.

Re: JR Bus 2-day pass Aomori to Lake Towada 2017/7/17 14:45
Thank you very much for your lightning fast reply :)
by elas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread