Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Dec 2017 Hokkaido Trip Ideas 2017/7/13 12:08
Dear Experts

I have the following trip itinerary for a Hokkaido trip from 24 Dec 2017 - 2 Jan 2018.
I have a feeling that it may not be ideal for the last part as the travel from Kushiro to Niseko is quite out of the way and far? Could you please give me your opinion and suggestion to my itinerary?
Thanks so much!

Day 1 24 Dec - Sapporo
Day 2 25 Dec - Sapporo
Day 3 26 Dec - Asahikawa
Day 4 27 Dec - Sounkyo
Day 5 28 Dec - Kushiro
Day 6 29 Dec - Kushiro
Day 7 30 Dec - Niseko
Day 8 31 Dec - Niseko
Day 9 1 Jan - Chitose
Day 10 2 Jan - New-Chitose Airport (Leave to Singapore)

Best,
Jane
by Janethecat  

Re: Dec 2017 Hokkaido Trip Ideas 2017/7/13 21:12
Please plan for heavy snow and high snow.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Dec 2017 Hokkaido Trip Ideas 2017/7/13 21:18
We almost have the same dates. Since we have a senior and a toddler onnour trip, we opt to stay mainly on Sapporo. We know that there'll be a chance of heavy snow on these dates.
I would like to advice you to have plan B on your itinerary.
by meg winter rate this post as useful

Re: Dec 2017 Hokkaido Trip Ideas 2017/7/15 23:38
We have the exact same dates and have been confused ourselves on how to go about it. We will also have only the 7-day pass.

Any itinerary suggestions, anyone? Also, how bad is the snow situation during Christmas/ New Year?
by plakkot rate this post as useful

Re: Dec 2017 Hokkaido Trip Ideas 2017/7/17 16:18
Thanks for the advice given!!

Well, I guess plan B would be indoors and onsen =P

Can some expert advice on the route from Kushiro to Niseko please? Arigatou ~!
by Janethecat rate this post as useful

Re: Dec 2017 Hokkaido Trip Ideas 2017/7/18 04:07
Without giving consideration to your arrival time at New Chitose Airport, why you would prefer to be at a certain place on a certain date (such as festivals or events), and whether relatively direct transport (bus or train) is available on some routes, I would check to see if the following plan will work out better:

D1 Arrival at New Chitose, Airport to Niseko (via Sapporo if necessary)
D2 Niseko
D3 Sapporo
D4 Sapporo
D5 Kushiro
D6 Kushiro
D7 Soundkyo
D8 Asahikawa
D9 Chitose
D10 leave for Singapore
by tedrabjg rate this post as useful

Re: Dec 2017 Hokkaido Trip Ideas 2017/7/20 13:21
My family of four has planned for this coming 14 days Dec trip. We started planning in Jan this year. Was surprised to discover that so much information and effort are needed for the preparation. You tube is main source of help. Searching for suitable hotel and location can be tedious (some hotel don't even allow children!) If travelling with family and to many places, suggest use car (likely too cold and strenuous to move around in public transportation) Just my opinion ! We are now 5 months away from departure and already the hotel rate has gone up since we last booked ! Happy holiday!
by rt (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Dec 2017 Hokkaido Trip Ideas 2017/7/26 14:44
Heard that driving in winter can be dangerous...
by Janethecat rate this post as useful

reply to this thread