Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Pension refund procedure. 2017/7/17 19:03
Hi all,

Not the most interesting of topics, but I am leaving Japan next week and I am about to start the pension refund process, which is important to me as the subsequent money is crucial for my post-Japan plans.

So, I have a couple of questions:

1. What procedures *must* be done before I leave the country?
2. I heard that I have to go to my local City Hall and submit a "Change of address" form - but can anyone tell me what this form is in Japanese? I live in the countryside and the City Hall staff do not speak English, and my Japanese is still at a low level.

Many thanks, much appreciated! :)
by Travelholic  

Re: Pension refund procedure. 2017/7/18 12:00
go to city hall near you.tell them that you need an english translator .then explain to them .. they will give the forms and explain the procedures to you.

but if you check very well here someone have asked question before . and all the information you need is there.
by chike20 rate this post as useful

Re: Pension refund procedure. 2017/7/18 14:28
As "chike20" said, this topic has been discussed before so search the forum and you will find plenty of information.

Basically, there is nothing you can do from Japan specifically in regards to claiming the pension, except for making sure you have a proxy (friend, former colleague, etc.) who can act on your behalf when claiming the tax which is taken from your lump-sum pension refund. Also make sure you have your blue pension book as you must send this with the necessary forms to claim the refund.

More information can be found here.

http://www.nenkin.go.jp/international/english/lumpsum/lumpsum.html
by Cadogan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Pension refund procedure. 2017/7/18 21:50
you have to inform your leave to city office before you leave Japan.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread