Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Manager Visa Questions 2017/7/23 04:58
So I'm considering the possibility of moving to Japan and starting a business (have plenty of start up capital, way more than required for the visa) but I'm wondering about my wife and 2 children. Would they get some sort of spouse and children visa awarded to them even though I'm not on a typical working visa or permanent resident?

I'd be aiming for the business manager visa.

Thanks
by Dominic (guest)  

Re: Manager Visa Questions 2017/7/24 18:14
You should be able to get spouse and dependent visa.

However, you need more than just money to start a business - for instance, who is your Japanese resident representative?
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Manager Visa Questions 2017/7/24 19:02
No, his spouse and kids get dependant visas.

Japanese citizen + Foreign spouse = spouse visa
Foreign citizen + foreign spouse = dependant visa

Spouse visa gives access to the job market without limitations (with the exception of some civil servant jobs).

Dependant visa holders cannot work and requires the holder to fill form a the immigration to get a temporary job (28 hours max). It can be denied but they usually give a green light.
by Gaby (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Manager Visa Questions 2017/7/24 23:02
I'm coming out soon to work on the Japanese partner side of things. I'll also be hiring a lawyer and accountant to help guide me through the process and file all of the necessary forms and documents, along with translations of everything.

I just wanted to make sure they offered dependent visas along with the visa that I'm after.

Thanks
by Dominic (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Manager Visa Questions 2017/7/25 06:38
@Gaby - I should have written that his spouse will be able to get a visa and the kids as dependents - my use of words was not as precise at it might have been. (I know the difference.)
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Manager Visa Questions 2017/7/25 10:45
well money rules the world.. as you said money won`t be a problem .

once your manager visa can also come along with your dependant visa. . money is power.. the sky is your limit.
by chike20 rate this post as useful

Re: Manager Visa Questions 2017/7/25 14:42
Hah it money definitely makes things easier. The business ideas im considering are actually all pretty low initial investment businesses though. More interested in quality of life these days instead of pushing to make every penny I can.

Thanks for the info folks, much appreciated.
by Dominic (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Manager Visa Questions 2017/7/25 16:01
@JapanCustomTours, no problem. I have seen you here on this board long enough to suppose you know a lot about Japanese immigration. I just did not want that OP get confused about 2 very different visas since he used "spouse visa" in his first message.

Hah it money definitely makes things easier. The business ideas im considering are actually all pretty low initial investment businesses though.

Actually it is not that simple. Creating a company requires something like 5 millions yens (lawyers fees not included here). You will also be required to have at least 2 employees (foreigners with permanent residency or Japanese citizens). Also a business plan, something serious, otherwise they will reject the visa application.

by Gaby (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread