Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese Spouse visa with my wife in the UK 2017/7/24 06:29
Hello Everyone,

My wife (Japanese) and I made a decision to move to the UK in January, thinking this would probably be a good decision for both of us and overall seemed great before we moved. We got our UK visa sorted, expensive, but sorted and we've been living happily in the UK for the past 8 months.

Unfortunately, the UK isn't best for us and I think we're both happy to go back to Japan and actually stay and grow old together.

Rather then renew my engineering visa for Japan (it expires next month anyway). I think it might just be best to get a spouse visa.

When applying within the UK, where my wife is the 'sponsor' is there anything in particular I should be aware of? For example, the requirements (http://www.uk.emb-japan.go.jp/en/visa/pdf/Spouse%20of%20Japanese%20201...) state they want her recent bank statements, but don't really specify why. She's been in the UK for the past 8 months and enjoying herself whilst I've been working, so she doesn't really have any funds in her account. I'm the money maker.

The other requirements are easy.

Happy to fulfill the above, I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the UK consular for Japan?

From my perspecitve, I've had a Japanese visa (Engineering) for a couple years, we're essentially just returning after an 8+ month "holiday" in the UK.
by Dandy (guest)  

Re: Japanese Spouse visa with my wife in the UK 2017/7/24 11:55
I believe the "applicant" under item 7 is you, so they are asking for YOUR bank statement, aren't they?

When you apply from outside Japan, there is no point in asking for YOUR income statement in Japan, so assuming that either the spouse in Japan is trying to get the non-Japanese spouse to come over to join her/him in Japan, or the couple together is trying to move to Japan together, they are asking for either (1) the non-Japanese spouse's bank statement or (2) proof of income of the guarantor in Japan.

In your case, if you can show your bank statement, and maybe if you want to, attach a letter stating that you used to work in Japan so you do have good prospects for employment in Japan, though the wife has been a full-time housewife, so that they don't ask for any additional documents from "guarantor" in Japan.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese Spouse visa with my wife in the UK 2017/7/24 15:04
Oops, you're right. I was either tired or just plain stupid. In which case, nothing to worry about!
by Dandy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese Spouse visa with my wife in the UK 2017/7/25 11:39
I think this list is more usable for you

http://www.ph.emb-japan.go.jp/files/000233962.pdf
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese Spouse visa with my wife in the UK 2017/7/25 14:40
That's a temporary visit and for people from the Philippines, whereas mine is a 1/3 year visa applying from the UK.

Completely different, but thank you.
by Dandy (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread