Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kosekitohon (UK to Japan) spouse visa 2017/7/31 05:39
Hello, My wife and I are heading back to Japan from the UK.

Ive had an engineering visa which expires shortly, so we're going for a spouse visa.

According to the requirements:
http://www.uk.emb-japan.go.jp/en/visa/pdf/Spouse%20of%20Japanese%20201...

The troublesome part of that is getting a kosekitohon. Since we're both in the UK, how exactly do we get this? Is there a way of doing this that doesn't require my wife going back to Japan?

Is it absolutely essential we get kosekitohon? We have our official marriage certificate and such from before we left Japan.
by Dandy (guest)  

Re: Kosekitohon (UK to Japan) spouse visa 2017/7/31 11:56
your wife's parents can have it.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kosekitohon (UK to Japan) spouse visa 2017/7/31 12:49
She can request for a copy from her city hall via postal mail. Your wife can call the city hall where her marriage to you is registered at.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Kosekitohon (UK to Japan) spouse visa 2017/7/31 12:52
(Many city halls require the original copy of a power of attorney for parents/relatives to get a copy on her behalf.)

Re: Kosekitohon (UK to Japan) spouse visa 2017/8/1 16:18
"She can request for a copy from her city hall via postal mail."
that is true. but, how to pay the handling charge ?

"(Many city halls require the original copy of a power of attorney for parents/relatives to get a copy on her behalf.)"
that is not true. persons of 直系尊属 or 直系卑属 can get koseki-tohon with no 委任状.
the parents are 直系尊属.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kosekitohon (UK to Japan) spouse visa 2017/8/1 17:06
i think your wife mum should try first .. if she cant they will tell her the process . at the point .
by chike20 rate this post as useful

Re: Kosekitohon (UK to Japan) spouse visa 2017/8/1 17:32
i think your wife mum should try to collect it from city hall , first .. if she cant, they will explain the process to her. at the point .
by chike20 rate this post as useful

Re: Kosekitohon (UK to Japan) spouse visa 2017/8/1 18:13
Oh I thought that if the Japanese wife has left her parents' "koseki" and has her own after marriage, then her parent who goes on her behalf would have to show that he/she IS the parent (that is, get their own official koseki copy first), so then the easier way might be to go with a power of attorney. And all this assumes that the Japanese wife has her new married koseki within the vicinity of her parents.

Fees can be paid via "international postal money order."

reply to this thread