Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Rabies vaccines in Japan 2017/8/4 11:45
Hi,

I am travelling overseas and need to get rabies vaccine. I called and visited many hospitals but non of them provides rabies vaccines (pre-exposure).

Does any one know any hospital or clinic that provides rabies vaccines in Tokyo or Nagano?

Thank you
by hevene  

Re: Rabies vaccines in Japan 2017/8/4 13:56
This clinic in Shinagawa, Tokyo, specializes in vaccinations for travelers, and they do provide rabies (pre-exposure) vaccinations as well.

http://izavel.com/rabies.html

In English:
http://izavel.com/en/

I have not used this place myself, but came across this name when I looked around for a certain vaccination (for a business trip that got cancelled later).
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Rabies vaccines in Japan 2017/8/4 20:01
My usual doctor's clinic was able to order vaccines after calling them and letting them know what I wanted. It was the tetanus (and whatever...) vaccine and not rabies, but I'd imagine the procedure would be similar. The bigger hospitals might not give them as routine, but you should be able to ask your regular clinic (if you have one) to get it. And if a regular hospital/whatever doesn't have it they SHOULD be able to tell you who does, but you probably have to directly ask.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Rabies vaccines in Japan 2017/8/4 23:16
Contracting Rabies in Japan is practically non existant. Japan is essentally a Rabies free country.
Even with that, rabies is difficult to contract, and if someone did, they would test the animal if available and start post-exposure treatments which while are somewhat time critical, are 100 %. effective.
Pre-exposure shots are only given to high risk animal workers, Veterinarians , Animal Control Officers
and the like. Rabies is the least of your worries. Have a wonderful trip to Japan, but there is absolutely no need to get Rabies pre-exposure shots.
by Peter (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Rabies vaccines in Japan 2017/8/5 02:24
^ he is traveling from Japan to another country
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Rabies vaccines in Japan 2017/8/5 14:26
Just like scarreddragon, I once needed to get a tetanus shot, and I had to ask my usual doctor if he could do that, and he had to order the vaccine from their supplier just for me. I am sure you could ask, if you have a regular doctor you go to. Otherwise I suggest the one in Shinagawa, as they will have the vaccines at hand so no need to wait, and they will know exactly what intervals you need to wait for to complete the whole set (for lack of better words...)
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Rabies vaccines in Japan 2017/8/6 01:16
Just curious why you need a rabies shot? It is not like a tetanus (10 yr. booster) shot.
Even going to safari in Africa, we didn't need rabies shots. My son was bitten by a bat in a cave in Caribbean island during a college research and he was given the painful rabies shots afterward.
by amazinga (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread