Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

work visa processing taking too much time 2017/8/5 18:33
I submited my aplication along with COE on 17 july 2017..gave interview week later and two weeks passed after that..still no call for pasport colection...any guess whats going on...I cant even sleep,really worried just keep holding my phone during embassy timings...
by sam (guest)  

Re: work visa processing taking too much time 2017/8/6 00:22
And asking strangers on the internet who know nothing of your situation helps how?

Go ask the embassy.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

Re: work visa processing taking too much time 2017/8/6 02:41

For basic questions like this, I think it is perfectly fine to ask strangers on the internet. Often they provide more helpful answers than the consulate.

In your case only 3 weeks have passed since you submitted your application. The procedure typically takes 2-4 weeks. It can take longer. So, there is no need to worry yet.

by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: work visa processing taking too much time 2017/8/6 05:12
I m not the 1st person in history who have aplied for work visa..alot of strangers had gone through same process...is it wrong to ask them?

2-4 weeks...thanx for ur info..really apreciate that ...i read on mofa site that5 working days time is required if submited with COE thats y I was woried...thanks again..stay blessed
by sam (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: work visa processing taking too much time 2017/8/6 09:48
i read on mofa site that5 working days time is required if submited with COE

In that case I also recommend to inquire with the embassy.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: work visa processing taking too much time 2017/8/6 11:39
Sam
What is your nationality?
I am little suprized that you have to go thro interview and wait that long
When I had my visa stamped after Coe it took 3 days
That was 12 years ago tho but I guess process has not changed
by .... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: work visa processing taking too much time 2017/8/6 12:51
A decade ago mine took less than a week.

However, as I say, we don't know your nationality, the visa you're applying for, the job you have lined up (if any), your personal history, or any negative points which may be standing in your way. You literally told us nothing, other than that you are worried. Given that it's a COE to visa situation, there is literally no-on other than the Embassy which can give you any information or advice on the situation. So, again, you need to go speak to them - no-one else can help you.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

Re: work visa processing taking too much time 2017/8/6 14:08
is it wrong to ask them?

You didn't even actually ask anything...
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: work visa processing taking too much time 2017/8/6 18:09
my nationality is pakistani....my job as international sales manager....
by sam (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: work visa processing taking too much time 2017/8/8 09:40
applying for a visa will take usually 3 months, can be less or longer depending on the case and how busy they are. This is also mention on the

JULY and AUGUST are busy months since many students and new foreign employees are applying for a visa.

You can contact the immigration directly and ask about your status. If there is information they need they often will contact you.

I do not see any problem since your time is just 4 weeks ago
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: work visa processing taking too much time 2017/8/8 09:44
This is about a visa application; the place to contact is not immigration but the embassy/consulate where the application was made.

Is it really that complicated?
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: work visa processing taking too much time 2017/8/8 17:08
@Firas seems difficult indeed

OP: I submited my aplication along with COE

Re: work visa processing taking too much time 2017/8/8 23:25
@justmyday

You seems to misread OP post.

Immigration is not directly related.
OP is making VISA application with COE at Japanese Embassy, which normally this process takes 3-5 working days depends on country.

OP is from Pakistan, so quick check on Japanese Embassy in Pakistan website mention it takes at least 5 to a week.
http://www.pk.emb-japan.go.jp/itpr_ja/VisaInfo.html

To OP, just give the embassy a call and check your application status.

At my country, it took me 3 working days to get my Visa(with COE) application approved at Japanese Embaasy.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: work visa processing taking too much time 2017/8/9 09:33

i guess you are right, this is why I am not an English teacher. My Japanese is much better

reply to this thread