Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

IC Card in Okinawa and Travel Suggestions 2017/8/6 16:03
Hi all,

I will be travelling to Okinawa in a few weeks time. I will be there for 8 days and 7 nights. Out of the 8 days, I am renting a car for the first 6 days of my journey. I plan to use the monorail for the last 2 days. I'm currently still keeping my Suica card from my previous trip to Japan and I'm wondering if I would be able to use it in Okinawa? I understand that only the Okica IC card is accepted on the Yui Rail, but can I use my Suica in convinience stores, etc.? Or, would it be better to get an Okica card when I arrive at Okinawa and return it before leaving?

To all the Okinawa travel experts out there, please recommend me some good places to visit in Okinawa! :)

Thanks!
by Kyle Lee (guest)  

Re: IC Card in Okinawa and Travel Suggestions 2017/8/7 11:02
You can use it in convenience stores as usual, but not much else. Some airport shops and restaurants too.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: IC Card in Okinawa and Travel Suggestions 2017/8/7 16:08
Ahh I see, what about public parkings? I've heard that you could pay for public parkings with an IC card, is that possible with Suica in Okinawa if IC card as payment is accepted?

Also, would I be able to top up my Suica in a convenience store there?

Thanks! :)
by Kyle Lee (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: IC Card in Okinawa and Travel Suggestions 2017/8/7 17:49
Ahh, I see. I've heard that IC cards can be used as a form of payment in public parkings, is that true? And if it is, will I be able to use my Suica cards to pay for public parking in Okinawa?

Also, would I be able to reload my Suica card in convinience stores?

Thanks! :)
by Kyle Lee (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: IC Card in Okinawa and Travel Suggestions 2017/8/7 17:53
I have no idea, as I never drive.

Yes, as usual.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: IC Card in Okinawa and Travel Suggestions 2017/8/8 07:36
Car park is usually free in Okinawa. There're some coin parking in central Naha, but those are exceptional in the prefecture.
by KyushuLocal rate this post as useful

reply to this thread