Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can i back to my country for awhile? 2017/8/19 12:37
Can i go back to my country for like 2-3 weeks while my renew alien card is processing? My alien card is going to expired this october
And we applied our visa last week but while waiting im planning to go back to my country
But my friends keep on telling that my visa will be void if i travel
I just wanna know if i could visit my country while my alien card is processing
I'll comeback sooner if the new alien card is release
Thank you for your response
by Jyskie  

Re: Can i back to my country for awhile? 2017/8/19 13:29
Please correct your terminology; what exactly have you applied for? It's easy to figure out: it's what's written on the application form you have submitted.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Can i back to my country for awhile? 2017/8/19 13:43
I applied for the extension of visa
by Jyskie rate this post as useful

Re: Can i back to my country for awhile? 2017/8/19 13:44
I applied for the extension of visa sorry i am that familliar with these since my mom is the one who always do the extension of visa

Re: Can i back to my country for awhile? 2017/8/19 14:05
"Extension of visa" does not exist; I'll assume you mean extension of period of stay. http://www.immi-moj.go.jp/english/tetuduki/kanri/shyorui/03.html

Yes, you can leave Japan on the "special re-entry permit" system while your application is being processed.

Re: Can i back to my country for awhile? 2017/8/19 15:27
Okay thank you so much it is really helpful
I wholeheartedly appreciate it

Re: Can i back to my country for awhile? 2017/8/21 15:13
@Firas
are you sure? Every time I applied for an extension of my period of stay I had to hand my zairyu card and passport to immigration, and they were only returned to me after I got my extension (the zairyu card would be a new one), and I assumed you can't leave the country without a passport...
I checked on the immigration bureau website and it doesn't say anything. Do you have more details?
by krr (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can i back to my country for awhile? 2017/8/21 15:50
Foreign nationals who enter Japan on a work visa or student visa may extend or renew their visa when the permitted duration is about to expire. In short, this is a visa extension. To do so you need to apply for a extension of period of stay at the immigration.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Can i back to my country for awhile? 2017/8/21 16:06
@krr Your passport and current residence card are not supposed to be kept, it's the first time I've heard of this happening... Maybe your situation is special?

Re: Can i back to my country for awhile? 2017/8/22 09:27
Strange... everyone I know (different companies and different countries) hands in their zairyu card and passport, and we always joke about how stressful it is to go around without ID.
By the way I am from a country with a very strong passport and good reputation, so I doubt it is about my nationality.
by krr (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread