Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Transgender issues 2017/8/20 20:01
my step son has mental issues and recently feels he should change his gender to cure his problems. He needs some proffessional guidance re transgender and mental challenges ( I am def not suggesting GID or transgender is a mental disorder ) I don't like labels for anyone at all. It is difficult with my poor Nihongo ability so any advice re a good starting place to help find someone to talk to this confused young man would be very appreciated . love to all
by deep success (guest)  

Re: Transgender issues 2017/8/21 01:37
There are many options. Can your stepson read Japanese? Does he plan to keep living in Japan? If so, he can start by reading the following link. Or if he is a teenage student, he can talk to a school counceler.
http://www.mhlw.go.jp/kokoro/support/index.html

I'm also sure that your municipal or prefecture provides a service where you can ask any question in English. Ask them to see if there are English-speaking professionals, if he needs one.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Transgender issues 2017/8/21 09:39
Thanks so much for your kindness and concern.I'll follow your advice and check out the link.
Btw I am a foreigner but my step son is Japanese. I am not educated about transgender difficulties but it breaks my heart to see him so confused....
I hope to find a good psychiatrist somewhere just so he can talk to a professional about his feelings.
Once again thanks .I feel like it is a good start.
Love and light
by Deep (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread