Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo Kyoto Osaka Sapporo in 12 days 2017/8/26 07:36
Hi all. My boyfriend and I (both in our late 20s) are visiting Japan (my second time, his first) in mid-October and wanted to do an itinerary check to see if this is feasible/worth all the moving parts.

Fri Oct 13: 430pm: Land in Tokyo
Sat Oct 14: Tokyo
Sun Oct 15: Kyoto
Mon Oct 16: Kyoto
Tues Oct 17: Kyoto
Wed Oct 18: Osaka
Thurs Oct 19: Morning flight: Osaka to Sapporo
Fri Oct 20: Sapporo
Sat Oct 21: Sapporo
Sun Oct 22: Mid-day flight: Sapporo to Tokyo
Mon Oct 23: Tokyo
Tues Oct 24: Tokyo
Wed Oct 25: 6PM Depart Tokyo

We're breaking Tokyo into two parts only because we wanted to optimize buying souvenirs for the end and use the jetlag to wake up early enough for Tsujiki Fish Market. Interests are food, culture, adventure, nature. We wanted to fly up to Sapporo to check it out in the fall (i.e. not super freezing) while also visiting Otaru and possibly Furano autumn flowers. We're also open to doing Sapporo in earlier part of the trip, then flying to Kansai and making the trip back to Tokyo in the second half of trip.

Would love to hear your feedback on this!
by omnomnatt  

Re: Tokyo Kyoto Osaka Sapporo in 12 days 2017/8/26 09:06
Looks to be a reasonable itinerary. You can do Sapporo first, or leave it as is - it does not make much difference.
by BSR (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Kyoto Osaka Sapporo in 12 days 2017/8/26 13:05
I see no issues with the itinerary also.

No need to stay both in Kyoto and Osaka. They are only 25 minutes apart. So to save switching hotels, pick on or the other to stay at.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Kyoto Osaka Sapporo in 12 days 2017/8/26 14:55
Thanks hakata! We were opting to stay in Osaka to it's easier to fly out of Kansai, but if it makes no difference to reach the airport maybe we won't switch hotels.

Does it make sense though to jet up to Sapporo in October? Will there still be things to do season-wise, or do things get a little dead between the seasons?
by omnomnatt rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Kyoto Osaka Sapporo in 12 days 2017/8/26 23:34
I've not been to Sapporo, but I visited Hakodate in mid October in '09 and judging by my pictures it wasn't so cold. I went to Onuma and walked around and then spent a few days in Tohoku ending back at Tokyo If I had actually been overnighting in Hakodate I would have been able to do more in Onuma, but I wanted to get to Aomori. I would just check transportation links to places you want to go if it's not considered completely on season. I flew from Nagoya, I can't remember if I spent the night before in Kyoto. If it makes sense for you to have a rail pass Nagoya airport is only about 80 minutes from Kyoto, the same distance as KIX.
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Kyoto Osaka Sapporo in 12 days 2017/8/27 16:14
IMO - actually looks pretty sensible.

For contrast (and for your interest) I had an inquiry this week that included Osaka/Kyoto, Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Hakone, Sapporo and Tokyo all within two weeks - now that was too much.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Kyoto Osaka Sapporo in 12 days 2017/8/27 16:20
Wowers. All those regular places plus Sapporo. Drop Sapporo and it is only just doable in two weeks. And still a mighty rush.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Kyoto Osaka Sapporo in 12 days 2017/8/27 22:49
Wow yeah that does sound like quite a lot. We don't want to change hotels too often with our bags so will probably stick to the above itinerary. We would option Hiroshima to stop by Bunny Island on the way but this would probably mean we have to eliminate Sapporo entirely, so I think we may have to pass it to see more nature in the north.
by omnomnatt rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Kyoto Osaka Sapporo in 12 days 2017/11/25 21:07
Hi Omnommatt,
Hope u had enjoyed the trip. Just like to check if the itinernary has been comfortable as i am planning for very similar plan for 14 days.
by Louis Liew (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread