Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

If divorce soon, can I visit japan again? 2017/8/29 01:17
Me and My wife have been married almost 1 year now

everything was going good, Or so I thought..

we have been talking a lot lately and she isn't happy

She is saying that it is not what she had imagined

we where dating and together about 3 almost 4 years now

we got married last year and I tried to apply for my spouse visa

I didn't know everything I was doing and the immagration staff told me that I could ONLY apply for a COE

So I applied for a COE and I returned to my country when my tourist visa expired

I waited months and months and Got the reply that my COE was denied

My wife had some surgery and wasn't working for some time, They said it was denied because she had a lapse in work

we understood that and I waited and I came back to Japan on a tourist visa gain

This time I hired a expert and we found out that the staff lied to me and I did not have to Apply for the COE, I can apply to change status to a spouse visa

we did all the correct paperwork and everything and sent it in.

They extended my visa by 2 months and My visa now expires at the end of next month!

They said That if I get denied again, I will have 10 days until I must return to my country

My wife is getting stressed and we literally did all the paperwork we could! Even the expert said there was nothing more to do

SO she is really stressed and we haven't been able to live a happy life because I don't have my visa...

She is talking about maybe getting divorced if I get denied again...

BUT she says that if we get divorced next month, There is a chance immagration will say that I can't return to japan for some time. She says maybe up to 2 years!!!

She says if we get divorced soon, Less than 1 year OR maybe even if we where only married 1 year, It's possible they won't let me enter japan again!!

Is that true? if we are married say 10 months and divorce OR if we are married 1 year and divorce, will immagration tell me I can't come back to japan for some time??

Even if we get divorced, I still want to come and visit Japan and my friends

If anyone can help, It's greatly appreciated!! Thank you!
by PDGY  

Re: If divorce soon, can I visit japan again? 2017/8/29 10:50
Your wife is lying.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: If divorce soon, can I visit japan again? 2017/8/29 15:25
If you get divorced you can even go back to Japan and visit. Even get married again with someone else.
by justmyday (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: If divorce soon, can I visit japan again? 2017/8/29 15:38
I doubt the marriage is not working out because you don't have your visa. "if immigration denies your application, maybe we should divorce" doesn't seem like the right attitude for a healthy marriage.

If you want to divorce now, do it now. If you still love her and want to live together with a spouse visa, keep fighting for it! (Has to come from both sides of course.) As for your right to enter Japan again, I very much doubt this will be affected. But you have hired a visa expert! Ask him!
by 88Tim rate this post as useful

Re: If divorce soon, can I visit japan again? 2017/8/29 16:01
we have had a good marriage and relationship but recently She and I have been having a lot of stress because I keep having to go back and forth and we can't spend much time together.. I have had stress but I keep telling her I love her and I don't want the divorce! It was her idea and it seems she is strongly leaning towards that option. She keeps saying, if you don't get your visa this time , I don't think you ever will! I don't think we can have a normal married life ..

as for what she was saying. She said that if we where to get divorced too fast, The staff might think our marriage was a fraud and thus there we be some kind of penalty against me for returning to japan for some time
by PDGY rate this post as useful

Re: If divorce soon, can I visit japan again? 2017/8/29 16:34
They can think that; hopefully you have enough evidence to convince them otherwise.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: If divorce soon, can I visit japan again? 2017/8/29 16:55
It shouldn't effect you ability to enter Japan again as a temporary visitor. But really this is step two. You really need to sort out step one first which is your marriage.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: If divorce soon, can I visit japan again? 2017/8/29 19:45
Dude
Visa should be least of your worries, your broken marriage should be. If the wife is ready to divorce at the drop of a hat, God bless you
Get out of this relationship right away, don't worry about visa. If you have a reason to come back to Japan again immigration would not deny it
They won't punish you until you are found guilty of fraud, almost they would be cautious and approve lesser term for your visa
by .... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: If divorce soon, can I visit japan again? 2017/8/29 20:43
As far as i know COE is applies if you are in your country. The change of residence status is if you are currently in japan.

Sucks about your marriage. I cant speak for your wife but probably the complications of the visa are getting in the way of normal life, if she is putting divorce into the equation.

Good luck
by Hintman (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: If divorce soon, can I visit japan again? 2017/8/30 10:43
I agree with some of the other comments - your visa is not you problem. Your wife/marriage is the problem and that needs to be fixed first (or at least concurrently). Other than her lies about "penalties" she should have known your ability to reside in Japan is at the discretion of an immigration officer.

Even if you get your spouse visa, your wife can still divorce you and you get kicked out (because you are no longer a spouse). That makes staying uncertain - I didn't see mention of you working.

by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread