Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

The first question is does Pasmo 2017/8/29 18:42
The first question is does Pasmo card have the point system as Suica where you can collect points when making purchase at stores?

The second question is how does Majica card work? I have the card when I don't know how to use it as the instruction and information are written in Japanese.
by dimaria  

Re: The first question is does Pasmo 2017/8/30 12:07
Duplicate of http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+158798

I believe holding multiple accounts is verboten here.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: The first question is does Pasmo 2017/8/31 11:54
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan/1347396-suica-points-how-does-wo...
Looks like a version of T-point cards. As an aside, for the things I buy NewDays is much more expensive (319 yen vs 292 yen)- I get better spending power (including any points I might get) going to 7/11 or FamilyMart

I largely ignore the point cards like that because the earning rate is so low (1% or less). But I do have a ton of cards that have good earning or discount privileges - picked up a 2000yen restaurant discount last night after a second use of a point card (and the voucher is in Japanese of course). And, it's Japan, so you need to figure out the Japanese.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: The first question is does Pasmo 2017/8/31 12:26
I largely ignore the point cards like that because the earning rate is so low (1% or less).

I use them all the time, but that's because I shop at combinis very often, so it does add up quite quickly for me (e.g., every two weeks or so I have accumulated 150 points, which gives me a free snack). Of course, the important thing is to not let it trick you into buying things you wouldn't buy normally.

By the way, you can get Suica Points also by buying train tickets online through eki-net, if you link your eki-net and Suica Point Club accounts.
by Firas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread