Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR-West Sanyo Sanin Area Pass 2017/8/31 12:53
I intend to get a JR-West Sanyo Sanin Area Pass for my Japan trip in March 2018. I have used this pass in February this year and tried to use it on a JR bus in Hiroshima but was told by the driver that it was not valid for travel on the bus. However it's stated in Japan guide that the pass can be used on JR buses around Kyoto, Hiroshima and Yamaguchi. Who is correct?
Also I'll be staying in Namba and wonder if I could exchange my voucher for the pass at the JR-Namba station. I'll be arriving too late to get it exchanged at Kansai Airport.
by nww  

Re: JR-West Sanyo Sanin Area Pass 2017/8/31 13:40
What bus exactly did you try to use?
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: JR-West Sanyo Sanin Area Pass 2017/8/31 14:11
The information on the JR West website is correct.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR-West Sanyo Sanin Area Pass 2017/8/31 14:22
Hi Firas,
It was a city JR bus.
by nww rate this post as useful

Re: JR-West Sanyo Sanin Area Pass 2017/8/31 14:26
Actually I just looked at the information on the pass I used in February and it is not stated that I could use the pass on JR buses although I'm sure that I read that it can be used on JR buses in Japan guide. That's the reason I attempted to board the bus with the pass.

Re: JR-West Sanyo Sanin Area Pass 2017/8/31 14:43
It was a city JR bus.

That does not answer the question.

Actually I just looked at the information on the pass I used in February and it is not stated that I could use the pass on JR buses

Yes, it is, though perhaps not in the clearest of ways.

Re: JR-West Sanyo Sanin Area Pass 2017/8/31 18:04
Recently, as in near the start of this year. JR West did update a lot of the passes. Included was buses for some passes in some cities. I cannot be specific on the Sanyo-San'in Pass, but maybe it didn't include buses last visit?
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR-West Sanyo Sanin Area Pass 2017/9/1 12:17
Firas,
I'm usually very appreciative of replies to my queries(and I do appreciate that you took the effort to reply to question in this forum) as I'm also a feedback contributor to others queries in this forum if I feel that I have some pertinent answers). I don't profess to know everything about Japan but I'm not a newcomer either as I've visited Japan more than 10 times and have used JR passes extensively. Maybe you are a resident and do have wide knowledge about Japan but I find your answers to my query not helpful at all.
When you asked what bus I took exactly and my answer is not exactly to your satisfaction, you sound as if I was stupid to give you that answer. Also I have the JR Sanyo Sanin pass I used in February in front of me now and nowhere in the Information printed in the pass does it mention any bus use (I only read that I could use the pass on JR bus around Hiroshima in the information regarding the use of the pass in Japan guide). Therefore it's not a matter of it being not stated clearly.
Again let me thank those who made the effort to answer my query.

Re: JR-West Sanyo Sanin Area Pass 2017/9/1 12:36
Without knowing the exact bus you took, it is of course impossible to answer your question as to whether it's covered.

Re: JR-West Sanyo Sanin Area Pass 2017/9/1 12:53
Per the Internet Archive, as of February the japan-guide page did not state that buses were covered. This was added on 13 March, with a note that coverage was to start on 10 April. So your whole question is based on a false premise.

Re: JR-West Sanyo Sanin Area Pass 2017/9/1 12:56
When I said that it was a JR City bus, I meant that the bus service runs around the city of Hiroshima as opposed to one that runs inter-city. It was not the tram. I boarded it near the Peace Park heading towards Hiroshima Station. If you need the service number, it is not something that one remembers exactly. Thank you for any information that is helpful.

Re: JR-West Sanyo Sanin Area Pass 2017/9/1 13:45
"False premise"? Sorry to have wasted your time. I wonder what are the implications.

Re: JR-West Sanyo Sanin Area Pass 2017/9/1 14:16
I would not have boarded a JR bus in Hiroshima on that day if I had not thought that I read somewhere that the pass can be used on JR buses in Hiroshima. It may have been a mistake on my part as far as what I read(according to what you said about the archived postings on Japan guide which I do not question and would have accepted as a valid reason to why I couldn't get a free ride on the bus) but "false" implied that it was made up. Maybe I'm too sensitive or did not understand the meaning of "false premise" and therefore felt offended instead. My apologies if I read too much in your replies.

reply to this thread