Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Suica card + JR pass 2017/9/2 11:20
Hi there,

I'll be travelling to Japan this September - October for 29 days (not including fly in and out days).
I've already purchased the 21 day JR Pass, but unsure if it's worth adding the 7 day pass to equate for the extra 8 days.
I'm also not sure if the Suica card will be handy for travelling around Tokyo/Kyoto? As I'd like to avoid purchasing tickets at all costs ― I hear it's overwhelming.

Tokyo: 19 - 26 September
(Day trips - Nikko, Mt. Fuji, Hakone, etc.)

Kyoto: 26 September - 6 October
(Day trips - Nara, Hiroshima, etc.)

Nagoya: 6 - 10 October
(Day trips - Gifu, Takayama, etc.)

Osaka: 10 - 14 October
(Days trips - not sure yet)

Tokyo: 14 - 18 October
(Days trips - not sure yet)
by Lum (guest)  

Re: Suica card + JR pass 2017/9/2 13:01
Use your 21-day JR Pass from 9/24 to 10/14. Use SUICA (or any other IC prepaid card), buy individual tickets, or consider intra-Tokyo pass of some kind for all other days in Tokyo. Train rides within Tokyo is relatively cheap, so I don't know why anyone would tell you it's overwhelming. Perhaps the process (not the cost) can be puzzling the first time, but once you get used to it, it is no different than buying a soda from a vending machine.
by Mai Bumai (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Suica card + JR pass 2017/9/2 13:04
As I'd like to avoid purchasing tickets at all costs

You can PayPal me 50,000 yen then, and I'll buy all your tickets. That's less than a pass, so it's a win-win.
by Firas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread