Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

A hotel in Takayama for Spring Festival 2017/9/5 05:29
I am planning to stay two nights: April 14 & 15 2018 in the town of Takayama for the spring Festival. Unfortunately I can't find a hotel or a Ryokan for these dates in the town of Takayama. Everything is fully booked. Do you have any suggestion how I can make it to the Festival? Is there an overnight train from Takayama to nearby towns, so I can be at the Festival on the night of April 14th, and take a late night train to a hotel in a town nearby?
by Talicah  

Re: A hotel in Takayama for Spring Festival 2017/9/5 11:58
Expect all forms of transportation to be jam packed also.
by shishido (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: A hotel in Takayama for Spring Festival 2017/9/5 13:32
Have you tried Hotel Associa? It's a little out of town but walkable, and it is awesome there
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: A hotel in Takayama for Spring Festival 2017/9/5 22:43
If it doesn't need to be a hotel specifically you could consider staying at a hostel.
I went to Takayama festival last spring and stayed at K's House Takayama. It was quite expensive for a hostel during the festival period but it was really nice and in a great location. They have two properties in Takayama (the second is calked K's House Oasis) but I don't know what the other one is like. There are other hostels in Takayama too such as J Hoppers.

Also, having read a lot about the festival I expected if to be incredibly busy but it really wasn't at all. Perhaps because the cherry blossom was a bit late last year. Anyway, we had a lovely time in Takayama and it was one of our favourite places we visited during this trip. It's a great base for visiting Shirakawago too which I would recommend.

Hope you find somewhere to stay and enjoy the festival!
by Kikuya rate this post as useful

reply to this thread