Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sending cheese to Japan 2017/9/6 19:07
Is it possible to send cheese to Japan? I would like to send some vacuum packed cheese to my family living there.
by Anaria (guest)  

Re: Sending cheese to Japan 2017/9/7 12:27
Possible no problem. I do often. Meet is not allowed
by justmyday (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sending cheese to Japan 2017/9/8 01:38
Please do not send any cheese to Japan. We have enough cheese and don't need any random foreigners sending us weird cheese. I'm just kidding of course you can send cheese. They might rip open your package though, if they get suspicious of your cheese.
by guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sending cheese to Japan 2017/9/8 20:11
Please send cheese - I miss good cheese. The over-processed rubber that is produced locally needs to be replaced.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Sending cheese to Japan 2017/9/8 21:02
if you send plenty, they will charge the customs, the rate is 22-40%.
good luck.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sending cheese to Japan 2017/9/12 08:53
I have been sending every 3 months around 5 to 7 kilo of cheese. Never had any problems, not even with custom

Re: Sending cheese to Japan 2017/9/22 10:13
Costco in Japan has a decent cheese selection, the regular grocery store doesn't but Costco has Italian cheeses and even gouda cheese, these are all decent size blocks of cheese, so I don't know if its worth it to send cheese if the person could just go to a Costco in Japan.
by Sammuel (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sending cheese to Japan 2017/9/26 11:19
@Sammuel

Went to Costo last weekend and indeed many kinds of cheese available for a decent price.
Thanks for sharing.

reply to this thread