Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How do I relocate to Japan? 2017/9/11 03:11
Hi , Im planning to relocate to Japan from Dubai.But,how long does it take to register a company ? Bank accounts ? Find the right distributors for my products ? Is there a platform for where entrepreneurs I can get help ? Thanks.
by Swiss Sam  

Re: How do I relocate to Japan? 2017/9/11 20:50
Hi , Im planning to relocate to Japan from Dubai.But,how long does it take to register a company ? Bank accounts ? Find the right distributors for my products ? Is there a platform for where entrepreneurs I can get help ? Thanks.

Have you done any research on this before arriving at this forum? To be blunt (and Japan will not do you many favours for your business), you need to do some serious work before asking strangers on a forum.

Obviously you are not resident, so you will need a japan representative to register a (your) company (there are some other options, but they are tricky), but having a company does not allow you to reside here - you need COE, application/acceptance and funding. Can you speak Japanese to find your Japanese speaking distributors (or identified staff that can do that for you) and a well formed business plan to prove to the authorities you know what you are doing?

These are the most basic questions that spring to mind (wearing my professional business advisory "hat").
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: How do I relocate to Japan? 2017/9/12 00:50
Thanks for your input Japan custom tours. I have done some research. I'm also taking some help from the Japanese chamber of commerce in India and the UAE. I don't have any one on the ground and I don't speak Japanese as well. I hope to find the right partners on the ground through the chamber of commerce or in other networking forums.
by Swiss Sam rate this post as useful

Re: How do I relocate to Japan? 2017/9/13 21:53
Ok, good luck. (a but of luck helps)

Re: How do I relocate to Japan? 2017/9/14 10:15
If you do not have a Japanese visa, you can apply for a 4 month Business Manager visa from the beginning. Once you hold a 4 month Business Manager visa, you may apply for an Extension of Stay and change it to 1 year Business Manager visa.

Another point is the 5,000,000 yen or more of investment, this is usually considered as enough investment. You can borrow 5,000,000 yen from your family to invest, but if your investment is based on a loan, you have to submit the loan contract as an evidential document.

But a capital of 5,000,000 yen is no longer a strict requirement, if you at least hire one full time employee who is either a Japanese national, a Permanent Resident, a Spouse or Child of a Japanese National, a Spouse or Child of a Permanent Resident, or a foreign national with a Long-Term visa.

If your Japanese is business level you can arrange all documents by yourself, if you do not speak Japanese well or do not have the ability to read all the contracts you need to find a partner or agent we can support you.

Good luck
by justmyday (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How do I relocate to Japan? 2017/9/14 19:24
Thanks Justmyday for your valuable inputs . I will be getting a 3 months visa ,will have to see if I can extend while Im in Japan . I must take help from translators since my Japanese language is not good.
Where do I hire people ? Any tips ?

Re: How do I relocate to Japan? 2017/9/14 21:45
Just some other info:

#1: To open a bank account you need a company and to be resident, to get resident status you need a company, to get a company you need a bank account and either resident or a local representative.

#2 Also, to open some bank accounts you need a real phone number, to get a phone number you need to be resident, and a bank account (some exceptions) to be resident - see #1 above.

Ever see the movie "Catch 22"? Japan is like that - breaking into the endless circle is the hard part.

Re: How do I relocate to Japan? 2017/9/15 00:46
Thanks Japancustomtour. I understand what u mean. Let me first spend a couple of months in Japan and then decide. For that, I need to learn the language, once I start that I will feel confident.

reply to this thread