Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

ENT how to say...? 2017/9/12 13:18
I need to go to hospital ENT department.

How do I say....?

"My left-side nose has been blocked for a few weeks, and seems to be nasal infection and small discharge into throat. Also nose area and left eye feel hot, and I feel very fatigued and want to sleep."

If possible, could you post with furigana and kanji, so I can have option to speak or just show the doctor.
Thanks!
by Sal (guest)  

Re: ENT how to say...? 2017/9/12 14:49
I need to go to hospital ENT department.

No, you don't. You typically can't see a doctor at a hospital without a referral letter from a physician at a neighbourhood clinic (which you clearly don't have; if you did it would already explain your condition). And even if you can, it will cost you extra; this is to discourage people such as yourself clogging up hospitals for minor issues.

Go to an ENT clinic; you can probably find one with English-speaking doctors as well.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: ENT how to say...? 2017/9/12 15:12
Firas is right. Have you inquired at your local international exchange lounge or city hall about clinic doctor's who speak your language?

But, in fact, you can draw everything you just described and anyone would understand. And you don't have to say the "seems to be nasal infection and small discharge into throat" part, because that's your opinion. For that part, just tell the doctor how your nasal and throat feels (Hot? Pain?). "Fatigued" can be described as "tired". If the doctor doesn't understand the rest of your English words, then (s)he is not qualified as a doctor in the first place.

I hope you get well soon.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: ENT how to say...? 2017/9/17 10:54
ENT is 耳鼻咽喉科 [じびいんこうか (jibiinkouka)]
There are many ENT clinic, check google.
When I was living in Kawasaki I went to this guy and man he was good

https://www.yagi-ent.com/?mobile=1

If you are around you can try him or any one around you

You don't need to describe much because in Japan they won't take your word or guess. They will put a tiny camera right into you and see for themselves!!!
That's the only part I hated but leave it to them and they will fix you
by .... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread