Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Medical School in UK to Japan 2017/9/14 10:33
Hi

I am a 2nd Year Medical Student in the UK . My ambition is to live and work in Japan as a Doctor . I understand the first step to being able to do this is to pass JLPT N1 and sit the Japanese Medical Licensing Exam. Is this exam available in English or would I have to sit it in Japanese? One of my parents is a citizen of Japan although I am a UK Citizen only. After this , what is the process for specialty training in Japan?

Alternatively , I could go to Japan after my Medical degree ( 5 years ) as Dr.... and seek work in the pharmaceutical/healthcare finance sector. Is this a feasible option with N1 Japanese?
by DoctorTyouki  

Re: Medical School in UK to Japan 2017/9/14 13:28
Although not impossible, I would put this up with astronaut in terms of difficulty.

N1 Japanese would be a starting point. Your Japanese would need to be at medical level. Non-trivial.

Of course, you need to pass the licencing exam. Of course, in Japanese. How can you be a physician in Japan if you don't have sufficient Japanese ability to pass the exam?

Other work may be easier and more likely to succeed.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

Re: Medical School in UK to Japan 2017/9/14 14:02
http://goo.gl/cbDV8m
This might be of your interest to read.
by … (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread