Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sal shipment 2017/9/18 05:16
Hello all.
I have a question..i am expecting a package from Japan to holland.. now they posted it and tracking is standing still for a bout aweek now...
Last update i got was;
Arrival at office of exchange.

Been a week now and getting worried..
Cant contact or smthng
Its by Japan post. Sal Shipment
by mvanwanrooij  

Re: Sal shipment 2017/9/18 12:33
Hi.

SAL takes 2-3 weeks average.
Next time you should look into EMS or something a little more pricey for quicker shipment.
by Hintman (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sal shipment 2017/9/18 12:38
SAL can take a very long time. I have a package Japan to Australia take 5 weeks.

I'm guessing that you have registered SAL because you are tracking the package. This feature also does not work in some countries. So the last update you will see is Tokyo - Forwarded from outer office etc. Or whatever your message was.

The Japan Post website has a list of what countries continues to track registered SAL.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sal shipment 2017/9/18 12:43
It might simply mean it arrived at your country. From there on, whether there will be update or not depends on what your country's postal service does with SAL parcels. With EMS there is tracking end to end, but that may not apply to other types of postal service used.

For example, just for reference, someone sends me something from the States to Japan, there is full tracking with Registered air mail and Global Priority (equivalent of EMS) but the tracking ends at US border with regular air mail.
by ......... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sal shipment 2017/9/21 01:57
Thanks for all the quick responses guys :).. really appriciate it :)..
Just another question... if my package will not move for like another week or so,, is there some1 that live (knows) some1 there that can contact the postal office?..
Or should i just hope and pray for the best ..

Sal Package has not moved since 10th..
status is still;
Arrival at outward office of exchamge Osaka..

so its not gone there yet,, but its already there for about 10 days now..

Greets Maikel
by mvanwanrooij rate this post as useful

Re: Sal shipment 2017/9/21 05:13
SAL is shipped by air when air mail/parcel has empty spaces. So while air mail/parcel spaces are full, they will arrive later.
You can visit your local post office in Holland with the consignment, the post office in Holland will chase and search the parcel you have sent from Japan, and report you the result.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Sal shipment 2017/9/23 06:42
Japan Post wont start investigating until the package is 8 week old.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread