Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Job in Japan without college education? 2017/9/18 23:48
I was watching a show where the characters were leaving high school to go to college but one of them decided that he didn't want to go to college but instead wanted to go straight into work. Is that a common thing in Japan?
In England you have zero chance of getting a job if you don't go to college and i was just wondering if this was the same in Japan or whether its actually possible to get a job without going on to further education.

Thanks in advance!
by Katie louisa  

Re: Job in Japan without college education? 2017/9/19 07:48
It is very common in Japan. Many industries (retail, construction, agriculture, etc.) face severe staff shortages and will hire basically anyone they can.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Job in Japan without college education? 2017/9/19 07:55
By the way, every Japanese high school publishes on its website detailed statistics about what students do after graduation, so you can see that for yourself...
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Job in Japan without college education? 2017/9/19 08:35
I got jobs in England and Japan without college education.
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Job in Japan without college education? 2017/9/19 08:35
Elementary and Junior High are compulsory; high school isn't
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Job in Japan without college education? 2017/9/19 09:10
Depends on the job. You want a job digging ditches, no problem. Scientific research, not so much.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

reply to this thread