Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Check in time for Sapporo Chitose Airport 2017/9/21 13:11
I am arriving at Narita on Delta Airlines (Terminal 1) at 14:45. Would there be enough time to catch a connecting domestic flight to Sapporo on Vanilla Air (Terminal 3) at 16:30? We have checked bags with us.

Separately, I am arriving (by bus) at Chitose Airport at 10:40am to catch a domestic ANA flight to Haneda. Would it be too tight to catch the 11:30am flight (i.e. 50 mins)? I have bags to check in. Thanks!
by Samurai28  

Re: Check in time for Sapporo Chitose Airport 2017/9/21 17:41
Less than 60 mins of connecting time with check in luggage have high risk of missing and delay.
I think you better to reconsider the return flight between Chitose and Haneda by ANA.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Check in time for Sapporo Chitose Airport 2017/9/21 18:31
The first one is quite risky since you'd have just a bit over an hour to clear immigration, get yor bags, clear customs, and move to T3. This doesn't leave much leeway.

The second one, no problem.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Check in time for Sapporo Chitose Airport 2017/9/21 18:32
I personally think that both are tight, specially if you don't know the airport well.

However ANA advises to have at least 75 min for intl to domestic at Narita.

https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/uk/e/asw_common/serviceinfo/information/chec...

But I think that would be if you have a connecting flight. With two separately purchased flights I would allow for more leeway so you don't start your vacation stressfully.

At Chitose airport with 50 min between bus arrival and flight departure, it might be possible. ANA is quite organized and they will go around the people queuing for checkin and for security control to fast forward those with planes leaving soon. BUT in my recent experience they only ask in Japanese. You also need to account that you will need some minutes from bus arrival to checkin counter. So essentially in best case (no delay of the bus) you will have 40 min to complete checkin, go through security and go to the gate. I remember that ANA expects you to be at security at least 30 min prior to departure and no later than 15 min prior to departure at the gate. (This is true for Chitose airport, which is relatively small)

So if it would be up to me, I would take a later flight/earlier bus.

Enjoy your trip to Japan (without stressing out)!
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Check in time for Sapporo Chitose Airport 2017/9/22 04:41
Hi, I was previously travel agent.

I recommend 4 hours since it is two separate airlines to checkin and out plus customs time. The other reason for the 4 hours is to give you some leeway in case your first flight is delay.

For the second one, I recommend 90 mins.

Hope this helps and happy travelling!

by Koohii2wii rate this post as useful

reply to this thread