Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bringing Pet Dog Back To Japan 2017/9/23 14:55
Hello so I live in Tokyo and I bought my dog at a pet store in Tokyo. However, something has come up and I may need to return to Canada for a few days then return. I was wondering if it is easier to leave my dog at a pet hotel rather than bringing it with me. Any information would be helpful. My dog is 8 months old.
by AngieBear  

Re: Bringing Pet Dog Back To Japan 2017/9/23 18:49
I find pet hotels extremely depressing and always use a pet sitter for my cats, instead. I am not sure whether that is a practical solution for your dog, but here is the link to the service I always use:
http://www.petsitter.co.jp/
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Bringing Pet Dog Back To Japan 2017/9/23 19:12
Of course it would be easier to leave a dog at home than cart an animal half way across the globe. Lets no even go into paperwork and quanetine process by two.

Get a pet setter or neighbour to help.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bringing Pet Dog Back To Japan 2017/9/24 20:27
Bringing your dog with you to Canada and then back to Japan would be a major burden on your dog (don't forget the quarantine procedures).

Whether you opt for a pet hotel (there will be staff available at all times, and they might be opportunities for your dog to play with other dogs) or a pet-sitter (they come to your home once or twice a day to walk and feed your dog) depends on your dog's personality, whether he is OK by himself or prefers company. Seeing that your dog is still pretty young, I might lean toward a pet hotel where there will be constant company, but that is for you to decide.

(And for cats, yes we always arrange for a pet-sitter for our cats, as they tend to hate any change in their immediate surroundings/environment; dogs - generally speaking - have different preferences.)

In either case, you'd want to meet the pet-sitter in advance to see if you (and your dog) get along with them, and you'd want to visit the pet hotel in advance to see the actual environment.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread