Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Visting Kyoto in Winter 2018 2017/9/25 17:33
Hi Everyone

I'm planning to visit Kyoto in January (10-18)

Can you suggest to me places I should go and see in the winter?
by mahmoodx  

Re: Visting Kyoto in Winter 2018 2017/9/26 02:14
Same places as other seasons.
by Fuyuhiko (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Visting Kyoto in Winter 2018 2017/9/26 03:03
What about The Philosopher Path?
Some says that itfs not worth to go there in the winter?
by mahmoodx rate this post as useful

Re: Visting Kyoto in Winter 2018 2017/9/26 04:21
Philosopher's Path in the winter: It depends on your purpose for visiting this path. If you are looking for sakura blossoms or autumn colors, then obviously winter is not the right season. If your purpose is more for historical reason or just to see what it's like, then the season does not matter. Philosopher's Path is usually not high on the must-see list of foreign tourists.
by Fuyuhiko (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Visting Kyoto in Winter 2018 2017/9/26 06:27
I'd suggest still walking along the Philosopher's Path. It is a very pleasant walk any time of the year along the canal, and it isnt particularly long. We usually start at Silver Temple and then walk down from there, having lunch at one of the restaurants maybe 20 minutes or so into the walk. It all ends at Nanzenji. It is a nice way to see a pleasant part of Kyoto, IMO.

Otherwise I've been over at Christmas time and we did pretty much exactly the kinds of things we did at other times of the year, save that it is absolutely freezing for early morning (say pre 7AM) walks, and it gets dark earlier so your days are shorter. I actually liked Kyoto in December because it wasnt so busy.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Visting Kyoto in Winter 2018 2017/9/26 13:45
Thank you all
by mahmoodx rate this post as useful

reply to this thread