Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

A question about r ending names 2017/10/1 15:58
Hi! I want to know how should I pronounce an R ending name. For example, my name is Manar, should I pronounce it "Manaa" when speaking to a Japanese person or "Manaru, Manara etc" Because some people called me those names which sounds weird to me. Manara has a meaning in my mother language "A building that has a light" or something like that LOL.
Thanks for any help!
by Chokohime (guest)  

Re: A question about r ending names 2017/10/1 18:44
There are no rules, it is entirely up to you.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: A question about r ending names 2017/10/1 20:04
Is the "R" clearly pronounced in your language? Probably in katakana (meaning in Japan-ized pronunciation) it will be either マナー (ma-na-a) or マナール (ma-na-a-ru), with a clearly long "naa" in the middle in any case. Does that solve the issue with the meaning in your language?
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: A question about r ending names 2017/10/2 18:38
Um, Manaaru sounds weirder LOL. The R in my name isn't strong.
I thought about asking my friends, but they don't really know how to pronounce the R. Someone asked me, "How do you pronounce that(" when I told her that my name ends with R.
Anyways, I'll think about it when I really need it someday.
Thank you so much guys!
by Chokohime (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: A question about r ending names 2017/10/2 18:41
Sorry for complaining a lot.
by Chokohime (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: A question about r ending names 2017/10/2 19:06
Again, it's up to you to choose the katakana writing of your name, so just pick the one that is closest to how you want others to pronounce it.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: A question about r ending names 2017/10/15 19:11
Just suggestion. How about just 繝槭リ.縲繝槭リ繝シ may be easier for some to remember as "manner" or may end up you teased.
by ay (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread