Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

did you ever got net bill from lawyer office? 2017/10/2 10:25
i recently got a internet bill of 57,906 . i have been paying my monthly internet bill of softbank . what suprises is it is stated that suzuki lawyer office is in charge of collecting debts . all the things are written in kanji . only thing written in english is that suzuki yasuyuki law office is in charge of collecting the debt instead of softbank internet service . and pay by the due date . it's already been 2 months but i don't want to pay it until softbank tells me what is that bill for . and btw softbank has recently called me more than 20 times to merge my ntt and softbank in 1 . so i just have to pay to sofbank . and they didn't even called me once before letting this law office take incharge of collecting the debts that i know nothing about . so i would like to know if you guys have ever been in this situation and what legal measures will they take if i don't pay . btw i didn't receive any bill from softbank of 57,906 . i directly received it from the lawyer office .
and thnks in advance for your suggestion .
by sujan1  

Re: did you ever got net bill from lawyer office? 2017/10/3 05:02
Why not get a Japanese friend or co-worker to read the letter from the lawyer and explain it to you?
by curious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: did you ever got net bill from lawyer office? 2017/10/3 08:48
if you know that you pay all your bills and have every evidence of paying it ... i think you bring everything to english speaking softbank office to know why.

they didnt cut your internet?. if they didnt cut your internet for owing them meaning it may not be softbank.. ore ore.

by chike20 rate this post as useful

Re: did you ever got net bill from lawyer office? 2017/10/3 09:56
As Chike mentioned if you have debts at softbank they will cut your internet connection or contact you. For one or two bills they are not often to ask lawyer to proceed the debt. You can ask a Japanese friend or colleague/work to contact this lawyer and find out what it is.

If you really think it is softbank you can go to the softbank site and can find a lot of english support. You can ask them for explanation about what is going on.

https://www.softbank.jp/en/mobile/shop/
https://www.softbank.jp/en/mobile/support/contact/

Good luck

by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: did you ever got net bill from lawyer office? 2017/10/3 11:36
It's been a long time since I last used Softbank, but isn't there some sort of a website to view all your breakdowns for the past months? If none of the past breakdowns mention 57,906 yen, you know that the bill is spam. If you do see 57,906 yen on your breakdown, you will know what it's about.

Either way, I agree with the idea of showing the bill to a friend or even a Softbank counter. But I assumed the OP would want to check breakdowns as soon as possible, to feel at ease.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: did you ever got net bill from lawyer office? 2017/10/3 12:50
I think it's not a scam.
Many have received a letter from the Suzuki Laywer's Office (—é–ØN”V–@—¥Ž––±Š). They hadn't paid their debt.
https://chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/tag/tags.php?tag=%E9%88%B4%E6%9C%A8%E5%...

* 57,906 may be a total of multiple bills.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Suzuki Yasuyuki Law Office provides a warning 2017/10/3 14:31
But Suzuki Yasuyuki Law Office also provides a warning showing a sample of a fake bill claiming their name.
https://www.suzukiyasuyuki-lawoffice.com/caution.html

Either way, don't just talk to that Law Office or any contact written on that bill. Check your own record and talk to Softbank before paying anything you don't remember owing. You can also talk to the police if necessary. The police are always there to discuss even the smallest problems that residents may have.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: did you ever got net bill from lawyer office? 2017/10/3 15:37
thnks for all advice guys i actually went into the suzukiyasuyuki-lawoffice.com and i came to know it was for a router i didn't send to softbank . i didn't know that i had to send the router after my contract finishes . so i am sending the router to softbank . i hope i don't have to pay 57,906 yen just because i didn't send a router .
by sujan1 rate this post as useful

Re: did you ever got net bill from lawyer office? 2017/10/3 16:21
router must be gold plated if it is worth 57,906 yen. haha
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: did you ever got net bill from lawyer office? 2017/10/3 16:26
actually when i did a contract i asked if i could buy another router instead of getting from softbank cause my friend said the router in softbank are costly . but they said it's free . now they send me this after i get new contract becz the previous one finished.

Re: did you ever got net bill from lawyer office? 2017/10/3 16:49
Did you read contract paper? They must have meant "you can use it for free, only if you return it after you cancel the contract."
Anyway, good to know you got aware what it was.
Still, I recommend you to get someone who understands Japanese fully to let you know how it will work to send it back now.

Re: did you ever got net bill from lawyer office? 2017/10/3 22:01
there are some people who are in yodobashi who work for yahoo bb . i will go and ask there . would really suck to pay 70,000 because of own negligence but will be a great life lesson

Re: did you ever got net bill from lawyer office? 2017/10/4 01:58
They are outsourcers working on the contract with Softbank. They don't know anything about individual users. Why don't you talk to customer service of Softbank?

reply to this thread