Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Good tea you can buy on Amazon.co.jp 2017/10/5 14:20
I mean tea you really like, Japanese tea?
by Me (guest)  

Re: Good tea you can buy on Amazon.co.jp 2017/10/5 17:54
If you are not in Japan, don't bother, Amazon does not ship food and drink items abroad.

If you are in Japan, there are better places.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Good tea you can buy on Amazon.co.jp 2017/10/5 18:39
No in not in Japan, but a person my friend knows can send me packages he receives. But in you say amazon has no good, that is something else.
by Me (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Good tea you can buy on Amazon.co.jp 2017/10/5 19:02
Well, what kind of tea do you want, for starters? The relatively cheap kind to drink every day, or the better but more expensive kind for special occasions (unless you're filthy rich)?

Whatever you want, Amazon probably has it, but you must know what you want.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Good tea you can buy on Amazon.co.jp 2017/10/5 21:02
Better but more expensive.

Re: Good tea you can buy on Amazon.co.jp 2017/10/5 23:48
Matcha powder.
http://amzn.asia/8vOqJiq
It says @‰ÆŒäD. It means tea ceremony guru uses it.

There are many other types of tea Japanese really like.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Good tea you can buy on Amazon.co.jp 2017/10/6 09:39
Personally, I am a huge fan of the teas from Lupicia.
http://www.lupicia.com/global/

They do have international offices depending on where you are as well as many physical branches in Japan. The physical branches carry varieties unavailable online.

I've also enjoyed the teas from Karel Capek.
http://www.karelcapek.co.jp/

I've gotten quite a few compliments when I've gifted friends teas from Lupicia and from Karel Capek. Karel is great for interesting flavored teas. Lupicia has those too, but has some great single plantation and origin teas. I enjoyed the Ureshino and the Chiran greens.

by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Good tea you can buy on Amazon.co.jp 2017/10/6 15:41
I also like chiran tea, i like the flavour though what i drank was nothing special. Thanks for the links, but im skeptical of Western seller, all i tried, tried to rip me off. Like shincha that Taste like a worse Version of kagoshima sencha. Chinese tea with plastic in it, or tea that has gone bad but still 2 year best by date.i know that happens to japanese too but only with one month to go or so.

Re: Good tea you can buy on Amazon.co.jp 2017/10/6 15:54
Ofc every person is different, but im a burned Child. For example 5 dollar kamairicha taste for me like 20 dollar oloong were i live.

But thx for the help, i never drank matcha expect the fake they add to sencha. Does matcha have more caffeine?

Re: Good tea you can buy on Amazon.co.jp 2017/10/6 16:26
by biwakoman rate this post as useful

Re: Good tea you can buy on Amazon.co.jp 2017/10/6 19:42
The tea i got from an ippodo site was lacking Taste, but maybe it was bcuz i used those japanese teabags instead of kyusu. I dont know, maybe i did something wrong. I also ordered sencha and not gyokuro.

Re: Good tea you can buy on Amazon.co.jp 2017/10/6 19:43
BTW thank you guys for the time and replies

Re: Good tea you can buy on Amazon.co.jp 2017/10/7 01:01
Lupicia isn't a Western seller. They're a Japanese company with some branches outside Japan. And Karel Capek is based out of Kichijoji. So I am not sure why you are bringing up Western companies/sellers.

If you buy something from Lupicia and are not satisfied with their products you can contact them and I suspect they would refund you as they stand by their products.

Re: Good tea you can buy on Amazon.co.jp 2017/10/7 01:20
Thanks,ill try them. I thought the name sounded western.
by Kenshiro (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Good tea you can buy on Amazon.co.jp 2017/10/7 02:06
I don't know why, but some Japanese companies like having Western names, it doesn't make them any less Japanese though. *shrugs* If you want straight unflavored high quality tea I like Lupicia. Because they're a "large" company in Japan their product tends to be consistent and they will stand behind it. Because they are larger you can possibly buy direct in your home country, though again I think the physical stores have a better selection.

I would think you would be more likely to run into problems with lower quality product buying from unknown internet sellers than an established company that backs its products. You can read their "About us section here" http://www.lupicia.co.jp/information/

Re: Good tea you can buy on Amazon.co.jp 2017/10/7 04:47
Yes that is a very good point. Is the us site as good? My Japanese is not good enough.

Re: Good tea you can buy on Amazon.co.jp 2017/10/7 05:10
I looked a bit at their site, while i also like kaga bocha or whats it called, i really hate their discreption of teas.
Sencha : brisk Aroma and refreshing taste....
Kamairicha: brisk Aroma and refreshing taste...

reply to this thread