Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hachimantai, Tazawa, Towada, without car? 2017/10/10 06:42
Hi, I plan on visiting the Tohoku region in mid-Mayish and the Hachimantai areas seem interesting with all the lakes, onsen, etc.

But a bit curoious looking at the transport map, there seem to be places with not so good transportation.

Is it doable to visit the region without a car? Or should I rather skip it if I have none?
by Migo (guest)  

Re: Hachimantai, Tazawa, Towada, without car? 2017/10/10 11:51
Tazawako has it's own Shinkansen station, so Tazawako is easily reachable. From there you can take buses to Nyuto onsen or Tamagawa onsen.
On this web page there are also other details of transport options, but essentially except Tazawa it will be bus, or rental car. If you plan to stay for maybe 2 nights, I think it makes sense. For less time, I think you will use too much time in transportation compared to enjoying the place.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hachimantai, Tazawa, Towada, without car? 2017/10/10 12:00
Tazawako has it's own Shinkansen station, so Tazawako is easily reachable. From there you can take buses to Nyuto onsen or Tamagawa onsen.

You need a bus to go to the lake from Tazawako station, as well.
by Firas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread