Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Dewa Sanzan from Yamagata area? 2017/10/10 06:54
Hi there.
I was looking at the transport from Tokyo to Dewa Sanzan, where going through Niigata seems the only way.

But are there any buses or so from Yamagata area to Dewa Sanzan?
by Fredd (guest)  

Re: Dewa Sanzan from Yamagata area? 2017/10/10 12:15
Yes, there is an express bus. I got the information on it in 2009 on this forum, but I can't find a link to it. There is an express bus that runs from Yamagata to Tsuroka. The bus station was a short walk from the train station because I did it on my own. I am unsure if it is faster than the shinkansen to Niigata and then catching a Limited Express, I think it would vary by timing.

Hopefully someone else can get you the actual bus schedules.
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Dewa Sanzan from Yamagata area? 2017/10/10 15:33
You can go with train by this route:
YAMAGATA
transfer SHINJO
transfer AMARUME
TSURUOKA
by Glimpigumpi rate this post as useful

Re: Dewa Sanzan from Yamagata area? 2017/10/10 17:01
I just arrived to Yamagata a short time ago and thought to ask at the local tourism information center. They confirmed that a bus from Yamagata bus station to Tsuruoka station exists. They didn't have a timetable. However their information material says it takes 1:30.
From Tsuruoka station you will then need to take an other local bus to the entry of the mountain you want to climb.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Dewa Sanzan from Yamagata area? 2017/10/10 18:50
by Glimpigumpi rate this post as useful

Re: Dewa Sanzan from Yamagata area? 2017/10/10 19:43
Lovely. Thank you very much for your help! :)
by Fredd (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread