Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Moving to Kanagawa from Kansai area 2017/10/10 17:37
Hi,

I have been working in Kansai for 4 years now, I have a good offer from another company and now I plan to move to Kanagawa.

The new place is in Miyamae Ku (Kawasaki Shi). During my stay in Japan, I have found out it's better to live away from City centers (since the rents are affordable). I have my family living with me (my wife and daughter), I was wondering what's the best / affordable area to look for a 3 LDK that isn't far from work around that area.

Thanks for the suggestions in advance.
by AmrHsn  

Re: Moving to Kanagawa from Kansai area 2017/10/12 10:11
Look at places on the Den'entoshi line. I think Tamaplaza and Saginuma are really nice to live in. I would avoid Mizonokuchi as it is kind of shady (I mean as shady as Japan can be, so not much, but comparatively...)
by krr (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Moving to Kanagawa from Kansai area 2017/10/12 13:31
Dear krr,

Thank you for the suggestion. I would like to know though what do you mean by 'shady' with regards to Mizunokuchi, is it a bad neighborhood or something? Haven't heard about these in Japan.

Regards
by AmrHsn rate this post as useful

Re: Moving to Kanagawa from Kansai area 2017/10/14 00:04
Welcome to Kanagawa!

Mizonokuchi is a place that residents from nearby station would travel by train to shop for quality fish and vegetables. I have no knowledge about living there, though.

By the way, Miyamae-ku as a whole is not really a "city center" but a suburban area with affordable houses for families. The downside is that a large part of the ku can be far away from train stations (but there are bus routes).

Typically, people seek homes that are commutable to the breadwinner's workplace, nicer schools or kindergartens and parks, as well as good options to buy your groceries at and pediatric clinics . The Denentoshi Line is infamous for its enormous crowd during commuting hours, especially heading toward Tokyo, but if you work in the area you may not have to use it.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread