Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Permanent residence question 2017/10/12 11:15
Hi everyone,

I did not manage to find the info I am looking for by search, so decided wo ask if anybode has similar experience. It would be great if somebody could help with the following three questions:

1) Documents for application
I am married to Japanese, but I am in Japan on working visa, with the longest possible term of 5 years. I would like to apply for PR based on the marriage, as it has shorter time requirement. In addition, most of my stay in Japan I was student, and have been paying taxes for only a couple of years, so I am not sure if student years are counted for 10 year requirement.
In the Immigration home page, they have slightly different application documents written for [Spouse] and [Worker] visa holders. I was wondering, which guideluine I should follow.

2) Tax payment requirement
In case like mine, do you know if there are any requirements, for how long you should have worked and paid taxes in Japan, for how long you should have worked in one company etc, or all they look at is whether you have a stable income?

3) Bank passbook copy
Is it required, or just a guideline?
Whe opening account, I opted for the electronic one, which has the info only form last two months, so I am not sure if that would be accepted.
by dHorse (guest)  

reply to this thread