Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Metro pass 2017/10/12 18:03
Hi
I just want to know one thing. If I get 2 days Tokyo metro pass and I'll be taking metro trains but some of the locations will be faster by using metro+JR train. So for this kind of trip can I use metro pass for the trip with metro and pay with pasmo card for the jr trip? Can I mix and pay metro pass and pasmo card for the same trip?
by ethan (guest)  

Re: Metro pass 2017/10/12 19:02
I think you are misunderstanding something here, the metro 1-3 day pass only works on the metro system, and is unlimited use, you are welcome to exit the metro and use the JR with the pasmo which is a value add service card, both work independently.
by kms899 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Metro pass 2017/10/12 19:14
The metro and JR lines are separated; they're behind different gates. You can use the metro pass for the metro lines, and then the PASMO for the JR lines.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Metro pass 2017/10/13 09:26
Thanks. I had used JR pass to take JR trains and used Pasmo card to pay for metro before. Just want to confirm it will work the other way round too.
Thanks a lot for your info.
by Ethan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Metro pass 2017/10/13 09:43
The pasmo is just like a suica sold in JR stations, you can also use the pasmo on JR lines

Tokyo 1-3 day pass for Metro only

Pasmo for Metro and JR.
by kms899 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Metro pass 2017/10/13 12:31
Hi kms899,

Thanks for the info. Yes I do understand that metro pass cover only metro and PASMO can take both metro and JR.
I just want to confirm I can take metro with metro pass and continue to take JR train using PASMO if my trip needs to use both metro and JR at same trip.
So based on previous answer I believe it should work.
I tried using JR pass and PASMO card before so I just want to confirm the other way is workable.
Thanks for the input anyway.
by ethan (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread