Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bus and Fuji Hakone Pass 2017/10/12 23:29
Hi,

I understand that I can make seats reservation for bus from Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko online, via:
https://www.highwaybus.com/gp/inbound/index

However, I noticed that I will need to make the payment for the reserved seat now (1,750 Yen). My question is:
1) If payment is made for the reserved seat, does it mean that I cannot enjoy the one-way bus included in the Fuji Hakone Pass (the one way ticket at 5,650 Yen), since now I have bought the bus ticket in advance?
2) Or can I present my bus ticket over the counter of Odakyu Sightseeing Service Center at Shinjuku and get the Fuji Hakone Pass at a net price of 3,900 Yen (5,650 - 1,750 Yen)?

My concern is if I don't reserve the seats now, I may run the risk of not getting a seat and depart at the time that I want.

Thanks in advance for your response.
by Keith (guest)  

Re: Bus and Fuji Hakone Pass 2017/10/13 11:39
Fuji Hakone Pass from Shinjuku includes one way(single) ticket of Odakyu railway(train) between Shinjuku and Odawara, and, one way(or single) ticket of highway bus(by Keio or Fujikyu bus) between Shinjuku highway bus terminal and Kawaguchiko, and, free ride ticket of Hakone-Tozan train, ropeway, cable car etc.

So, If you will depart by Odakyu railway(train) from Shinjuku to Odawara, then you can enjoy Hakone, Gotemba station, Mt Fuji area, then you can go back to Shinjuku by highway bus from Kawaguchiko.
If you can use a highway bus from Shinjuku to Kwaguchiko, Mt Fuji area, Gotemba sta, Hakone, and then you can go back to Shinjuku by Odakyu railway from Odawara station.

This Fuji Hakone Pass is 8,000 Yen(4,000 Yen for children) from Shinjuku, or, 5,650 Yen at Odawara(excluded train and bus fair between Odawara/Kawaguchiko and Shinjuku).

They won't pay you back if you buy a Hakone Free Pass and a High way bus ticket separately.
Fuji Hakone Pass from Shinjuku is included train, bus, and free(or some selected) ride in one pass all together.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Bus and Fuji Hakone Pass 2017/10/13 14:26
If you have purchased a bus ride separately. Then just make you way to Odawara and buy the local Freepass option with no Tokyo travel options.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread