Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What is the best option to get a visa 2017/10/14 23:11
I'm 30 years old and from the UK and I have a degree in computer science(forensics), I have 2 years work experience as an IT engineer. I'm looking to moving to Japan possibly for a minimum of 1 year with the possibility of many.

Any advice would be appreciated, Thanks
by liam (guest)  

Re: What is the best option to get a visa 2017/10/15 08:40
Move to Japan to do what?
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: What is the best option to get a visa 2017/10/15 08:48
WHV quickly before you turn 31.

Or apply to a language school and go as a student.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What is the best option to get a visa 2017/10/15 10:38
I want to experience everything about Japan but I'm looking to seek employment within IT, does the age policy apply to me if I have a degree?
I'm hoping to apply and get over there before I turn 31 but would it cause me an issue if I was to apply if I was 31 or renew the visa in the future once I become 31+.

Cheers
by liam (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What is the best option to get a visa 2017/10/15 11:06
Working Holiday Visas (WHV) are not available once you are over the age of 31.

A work visa is more difficult to obtain. You asked for the best option, and it was a WHV, because then a company does not have to sponsor you.

Have you done any research specifically into working and living in Japan? Are you fluent in Japanese? Have you passed the JLPT at a minimum of N2 level? How valuable a candidate would you be compared to other IT graduates also looking for work in Japan?
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What is the best option to get a visa 2017/10/15 12:16
Typically, there is at most one type of visa that is appropriate for your situation. A WHV is not appropriate if you seek full-time employment. It is appropriate if you want to travel in Japan while working on the side to support yourself financially.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: What is the best option to get a visa 2017/10/16 17:41
As others have said, Working Holiday Visa is a great option for what you want.

I did exactly the same many years ago a few months before turning 31. Was relatively quick and painless process to get it in the UK. I spent the year studying Japanese language and travelling. I planned to work part time but never did as I was enjoying my studies and travel but it was nice to have the option.

There's nothing wrong with doing some job hunting on the side as well and growing your network. A year should be plenty of time.
by SZQ rate this post as useful

reply to this thread