Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan travel during early to mid March 2017/10/15 00:19
I am currently living in Japan and my parents will be visiting early to mid March (around the 10th, for around 10 days)

Is there any suggestion as to where i could bring them (preferably Tohoku and Hokkaido, but if there's a place where the plum trees have bloomed then that's okay too)
by NanashiTabi (guest)  

Re: Japan travel during early to mid March 2017/10/15 09:00
Where are you currently living? That will impact the choice.

Have you done any research yourself to start?
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan travel during early to mid March 2017/10/17 18:01
Hello

I found a sample itienary and tried to make one myself
Day 1 : Tokyo
Day 2 : Tokyo Nikkou Sendai
Day 3 : Sendai Matsushima Kaigan Morioka
Day 4 : Morioka Lake Towada
Day 5 : Lake Towada Aomori
Day 6 : Aomori Hakodate

I am currently living in Hakodate, so I could bring them around Hokkaido for the last 4-5 days before accompanying them back to Tokyo

Any suggestions would be helpful
Thank you
by NanashiTabi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan travel during early to mid March 2017/10/17 18:35
If you like to sit in trains your itinerary is fine, but I think it is way to rushed. You need more time in each place. E.g. at least 1 full day in Nikko.
Also I don't think there is anything interesting in Morioka, but Hiraizumi is.

You will also need to think about what your parents are interested in. Onsen? culture? hiking?

Just sit down with a guidebook (and your parents) or this web page and write down some place that you would like to visit with them, then have a look at Google maps (or hyperdia) to check out the travel times. Add a bit more, as you still need time to check-in / check-out and get to your hotel. Then have a look if you are spending too much time "on the road" as compared to actually sightseeing.

Enjoy planning your trip through Tohoku!
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread